Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What year are you in?  (Read 1001 times)

HaunterV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What year are you in?
« on: January 11, 2007, 05:30:00 am »

I've just hit 1060 now.

Just curious where everyone else is atm?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: What year are you in?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »

1056 on my newest.. I haven't even got past the cave river yet.

The_Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:14:00 pm »

Pushing 1080.  My current fort's been going since 1066, and I'm interested to see how long it can stumble along.  That first bronze colossus that killed 80 dwarves nearly did it in, and the constant goblin sieges are making migrants a real rarity...

Scratchmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 01:15:00 am »

It's become a recurring cycle of siege, steam, cleanup. The constant source of iron is pretty nice; still, I'm getting tired of the amount of time it takes to chasm all the leather and cloth.

I'm slowly building up to face off against the demons, which will involve making a ton of steel equipment and going through getting my military to put it on/wield it/etc.

I'll also note that it's my first fort, which seems to be a rarity, I do tend to take things extremely slowly/cautiously, which is why I've been able to take my first fort to the 200+ dwarf range; however, this also means that the fort is horribly designed and has all kinds of weird quirks and problems.

[ January 12, 2007: Message edited by: Scratchmonkey ]

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Scratchmonkey:
<STRONG>1062.
however, this also means that the fort is horribly designed and has all kinds of weird quirks and problems.

[ January 12, 2007: Message edited by: Scratchmonkey ]</STRONG>

Ha! You should see my current (and new) fort (only 2 winters old).
After a few well planned fortresses went down the drain (figuratively) due to overplanning and bad luck (ended up starving due to an accident which left me with one slow miner and waaaaay to much stone to dig to get farming started), I just decided to go for a completely noobish (yet simple) build that I've used when I just started playing, and on the way tried to incorporate some minor "modern" improvements. I ended up with a patchwork of chaos and wierdness.
Also, somehow I don't have a door to guard from river floods, yet when the river flooded it didn't go through the no-door, but it did somehow manage to go through solid rock and closed doors and flood an insignificant part of my fortress. (I have an indoor tree-farm, complete with fortifications to let the river flood into the forest chamber, so the water entered that and somehow managed to get inside my fortress through locked doors and solid rock)

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »

im at 1085... a few fortresses followed by a spree of adventurer mod eis always fun... my current fort is about 3 yrs old... and not very well designed

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 09:03:00 am »

Think I'm somewhere in 1066. I have started and failed with two fortresses so far.. The second one lasted a good decade at least. My legends screen is quite interesting aswell, many Kobolds to read about there.
"It's unpossible!"