Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drugs expansion mod  (Read 3084 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Drugs expansion mod
« on: September 30, 2020, 05:17:37 am »

I want to add more than vanilla alcohol. A lot of drugs. But any of them - with realistic and complex syndromes (even for fantasy drugs). Like this:
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:ingesting bitter peyote]
[SYN_IDENTIFIER:PEYOTE_BITTER]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:DISPLEASURE:SEV:500:PROB:100:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:20:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:20:PEAK:240:END:600:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:a mind-altering trip]
[SYN_IDENTIFIER:PEYOTE_PSYCHADELIC]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:SINGLEMINDED:25:FACET:BRAVERY:25:FACET:CONFIDENCE:25:FACET:THOUGHTLESSNESS:25:FACET:ACTIVITY_LEVEL:-50:FACET:IMAGINATION:75:FACET:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:-25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:WONDER:SEV:75:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_ERRATIC_BEHAVIOR:SEV:50:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:-25:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:-25:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:CREATIVITY:25:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:SPATIAL_SENSE:-50:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:-25:0]
from VVV mod
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:inebriation]
[SYN_IDENTIFIER:INEBRIATION]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:35:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:120:PEAK:480:END:1200:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:20:PEAK:240:END:600:DWF_STRETCH:4] for ataxia
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:120:PEAK:480:END:1200:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:BASHFUL:-50:FACET:PRIVACY:-50:FACET:BRAVERY:25:FACET:CONFIDENCE:25:FACET:POLITENESS:-25:FACET:THOUGHTLESSNESS:25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:EUPHORIA:SEV:75:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_ERRATIC_BEHAVIOR:SEV:50:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:20:BP:BY_TYPE:BREATHE:ALL:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:120:PEAK:480:END:1200:DWF_STRETCH:4]
from vanilla

So, I want add coca leafs, smokable opium, tobacco (chewing and cigars), marijuana (smokable and drinking bhang), qat leafs, mapacho, coffee, tea (standard and australian tar-like), amanita muscaria, ephedra, psilocibes, ayahuasca and smokable pakistani arachnides. As fantasy drugs, I will add orc drought from LoTR.   

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs expansion mod
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 12:48:04 pm »

Wtf are Pakistani arachnides. A quick Google search just brings up families of spiders that live in Pakistan, and articles about Pakistan's drug problem. Are they fucking smokin spiders or something?

I can totally see dwarves smoking phantom spiders...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 02:46:44 pm »

Wtf are Pakistani arachnides. A quick Google search just brings up families of spiders that live in Pakistan, and articles about Pakistan's drug problem. Are they fucking smokin spiders or something?

I can totally see dwarves smoking phantom spiders...
They smoke scorpions.

Yes, I like this idea too, but need syndrome codes for mod (collaboration mod will be the best).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 02:51:29 pm »

You can just develop your own syndromes based on what's already in the raws and the wiki. Easiest way is to copy/paste an existing entry and modify it to fit the new needs.

For drugs consumable in fort mode, the easiest way is to make reactions to produce a food product and let dwarves eat it. I found out the best way to do this is if it's a fish type vermin, it doesn't need to be available in the wild directly, with a single material that carries the syndrome. Anybody including carnivores will eat fish
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 07:54:24 am »

You can just develop your own syndromes based on what's already in the raws and the wiki. Easiest way is to copy/paste an existing entry and modify it to fit the new needs.

For drugs consumable in fort mode, the easiest way is to make reactions to produce a food product and let dwarves eat it. I found out the best way to do this is if it's a fish type vermin, it doesn't need to be available in the wild directly, with a single material that carries the syndrome. Anybody including carnivores will eat fish
I know how code them. But cannot rewrite all psychological and physiologic effects into syndrome codes of DF, where things work different (like hallucinations from smoking opium).

Whats about gas from fish? I hear, cigars in older mods was plants or fruits with seeds that boil in low temperatures. Fortress mode carnivores needs testing (I test adventure mode carnivores - they can eat plant if it made of meat or bones if bonecarn).

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 05:48:17 pm »

I test a little, before my another mod. Carnivores will eat fruits that made of material with MEAT token.

Ogres, goblins and wargs are bonecarn, but they smoke too because this glitch.

Smoke gone fast, like little harmless explosion.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 01:36:01 pm »

So, I develop one for marijuana, but currently unsure about attributes changing and adding effects from 0.47 (painkilling et cetera).
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Hight]
[SYN_IDENTIFIER:HIGHT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:STRESS_PROPENSITY:-20:FACET:HUMOR:50:FACET:ANXIETY_PROPENSITY:25:FACET:SINGLEMINDED:-50:FACET:ART_INCLINED:50:FACET:ACTIVITY_LEVEL:-25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:EUPHORIA:SEV:75:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_ERRATIC_BEHAVIOR:SEV:25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:-25:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:-25:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:CREATIVITY:25:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:SPATIAL_SENSE:-50:0]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:-25:0]
And drinkable version needs not only change to SYN_INGESTED, but also make effects more severe?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 07:47:33 am »

Maybe, I need older mods with drugs as examples.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 04:29:34 pm »

[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:LOVE_PROPENSITY:50:FACET:LUST_PROPENSITY:50:FACET:PRIVACY:-25:FACET:BASHFUL:-50:FACET:VIOLENT:-25:FACET:CURIOUS:25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:AROUSAL:SEV:75:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
Dwarven ecstasy?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 03:30:05 pm »

For Ecstasy I'd boost FRIENDSHIP, COOPERATION, MERRIMENT, PEACE and lower SELF_CONTROL beliefs (assuming you can do that temporarily). Boost CHEER_PROPENSITY, IMMODERATION, IMMODESTY, FRIENDLINESS, SWAYED_BY_EMOTIONS, TRUST and lower STRESS_VULNERABILITY, CRUELTY, ANGER_PROPENSITY facets. I'd also try to boost movement speed and lower energy expenditure (moving faster and not tiring), and if possible increase thirst/lower the chance of inebriation of drinking.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 06:17:04 pm »

For Ecstasy I'd boost FRIENDSHIP, COOPERATION, MERRIMENT, PEACE and lower SELF_CONTROL beliefs (assuming you can do that temporarily). Boost CHEER_PROPENSITY, IMMODERATION, IMMODESTY, FRIENDLINESS, SWAYED_BY_EMOTIONS, TRUST and lower STRESS_VULNERABILITY, CRUELTY, ANGER_PROPENSITY facets. I'd also try to boost movement speed and lower energy expenditure (moving faster and not tiring), and if possible increase thirst/lower the chance of inebriation of drinking.
Thanks for suggestion!