Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing broken?  (Read 878 times)

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fishing broken?
« on: February 29, 2008, 05:55:00 am »

Just a quick question, I cant get mu fisher dwarfes to fish, nor can I designate a fishing zone? neither on the brook, the ponds, nor the artificial river.

seems weird...

Zirallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing broken?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:25:00 am »

Fishing works fine for me. Are there perhaps just no fish? In winter, even with the temp turned off the fish disappear until spring.

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 09:26:00 am »

is summer, and fishing has been working fine before. Its the newest version that doens't allow me to designate a fishing zone.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

yeah, I noticed that, too.  I can make the area a water source or a dump, but I can't seem to toggle fishing.  Since I already have a number of spots, I have lived with it.  I keep getting messages that the river or the swamps are empty, but within a few seasons I can get fish again.
igless

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 11:52:00 am »

The map I've been playing on (genned in .38c) is doing just fine.  I've designated the pier over the ocean to be the preferred fishing ground, and the fisherdwarves all flock to it.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

Just to be sure, you're making zones *next to* the brook, right?  Otherwise, I got nothing.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 02:36:00 pm »

If an area is already fished out (I.E. You get the message "There is nothing to catch in xxx swamps") then you can't even designate the area to fish untill the waters get restocked.

If that's not it, then you've got me beat.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

Oddly, it's not fishing that I can't get to work, but drinking.

I have a zone that includes both the water and the ground next to it, and "zone-only drinking" is on, but my dwarves still insist walking to the other side of the map to drink.

And no, there's no carp in the river, although I think I did see a school of particularily vicous-looking Salmon.

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.