Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to add human & elven trade agreements?  (Read 2424 times)

Redman9012

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to add human & elven trade agreements?
« on: November 25, 2020, 12:01:12 am »

So I want to be able to have a trade agreement with elves for the feather wood & animals (possibly uniconrns) they can trade, so that I don't need to manage wood scarcity to force the elven caravans to bring wood, and to have a finer control over the animals they can bring.

I've tried adding nobles to both of them, but in the world that i generated with them, they didn't even bring their caravans even tough I embarked right their doorstep.

Does anyone have a way of adding these diplomats?
Do I have to wait until I'm economically linked to their sites to have them show up?

Any help would be apreciated.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to add human & elven trade agreements?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:33:49 am »

Humans offer trade deals in vanilla now.

Redman9012

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:45:59 am »

Is it when they are economically linked to your fortress?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »

Is it when they are economically linked to your fortress?
No, I don't think so. Trade agreements and merchants are sent on a civ scale, economic links are between individual sites.

Redman9012

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 04:03:42 pm »

No, I don't think so. Trade agreements and merchants are sent on a civ scale, economic links are between individual sites.

Could you pass the raws on your human civs please?

The entity_deafult ones, because I cant seems to have them spawn, nor do I see the "noble" position in the raws

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 04:30:50 pm »

Why elves don't do treecap diplomacy now?

Redman9012

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 08:21:59 pm »

Why elves don't do treecap diplomacy now?

I think they only do that after your fortress becomes a landholding one, perhaps after you get a baron and some holdings in the world map

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 01:55:44 am »

Could you pass the raws on your human civs please?

The entity_deafult ones, because I cant seems to have them spawn, nor do I see the "noble" position in the raws
It's part of the random positions Human civs are given. They get a noble with a proc gen title "Royal treasurer" or something, I forget. Comes with the merchant caravan sometimes.
Variable_Positions or site_variable_positions controls it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:57:43 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Redman9012

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 01:12:52 pm »

I see, thank you, now time to modify the raws some more lol

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 02:34:39 am »

I've tried adding nobles to both of them, but in the world that i generated with them, they didn't even bring their caravans even tough I embarked right their doorstep.
One thing to note is that entities don't seem to acknowledge the existence of your site that often. You usually have to "introduce" yourself to your neighbours by sending a raid to one of their sites before they know you exist (demanding a one time tribute is non-hostile, and sufficient for them to learn about you, so it's what I use). I believe I've even had to do this to start getting caravans from my own civilization at some point.

Redman9012

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 03:58:53 am »

One thing to note is that entities don't seem to acknowledge the existence of your site that often. You usually have to "introduce" yourself to your neighbours by sending a raid to one of their sites before they know you exist (demanding a one time tribute is non-hostile, and sufficient for them to learn about you, so it's what I use). I believe I've even had to do this to start getting caravans from my own civilization at some point.

After checking the tags in the wiki and confirming a few thigns, turns out the problem was I only waited.
Like only waited, no crafting, no farming, no mining, nothing, so the requisites for the elven caravans for coming (imported & exported wealth and population) never got fullfilled, thus never triggering the caravan.

Quite the flaw on my testing lol.
And if you wonder what about migrants, they would only be barely enough to replace the dorf that I starved to death during my testing, so the population requisite never got checked.