Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My dwarves are so hardcore  (Read 2496 times)

Nightflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarves are so hardcore
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

My dwarves are so hardcore they hunt on unfrozen lakes.

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 01:05:00 am »

My weaver is so hardcore he snapped a named werewolf's neck in his sleep.
My weaver is also so hardcore that he takes naps when he should be running from bloody werewolves.

Speeeedy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 02:24:00 am »

My dwarfs are so hardcore that they wear like 4 shirts, 3 pants, and 6 right gloves at the same time.

Thats hardcore, right guys?  Wearing lots of clothes at the same time is badass, right?

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 03:59:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Speeeedy:
<STRONG>My dwarfs are so hardcore that they wear like 4 shirts, 3 pants, and 6 right gloves at the same time.

Thats hardcore, right guys?  Wearing lots of clothes at the same time is badass, right?</STRONG>

If they live in the middle of a scorching desert, and they complain about it still being cold. Then it's hardcore.

(2d version)
I had a dwarf that was so hardcore. He broke his spine while sparring and was marked bedridden for life. The barracks he was sleeping in was right next to the entrance of my fort. Needless to say, a goblin siege threw themselves at my weapon traps and trained soldiers.

I kid you not, once the guy caught wind of the attack, he crawled off of his bed, dragging his lifeless legs behind him, and crawled out onto the field and started smashing goblins apart. He actually CHASED the goblins for at least twenty tiles before he gave up and returned.

Sadly, he tried it a second time on the next squad to hit the gate. He did not survive.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 06:21:00 am »

I think that dwarf wins...
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 08:19:00 am »

this tread will be over once the captain posts here

anyway, my dwarves are so hardcore, they use the forges even after their hands have been looped off, by slamming their head unto the hot steel

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 10:00:00 am »

That's a good one.

My dwarfs are so hardcore that after they get over the fact that their friend died and rotted away before they bothered to bury him, they made bone bolts and an idol out of his remains.

keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

Dwarf mothers are so hardcore.  I have an elite wrestler who nursed her baby with one arm and ripped a goblin snatcher apart with the other and then went back to sparring as if nothing had happened.
Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

My mayor is so hardcore, he not once gave a mandate, he is a legendary miner and mason, he has killed a berserk dwarf by himself without being wounded, and he has killed 3 goblins without any help, and survived with only minor bruising.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

my mayor is so stupid that he made a mandate for an item that he had the skill to make, and then got hammered for failing to make the item he mandated.
igless

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

My Mayor (Ironblood) is so tough that he's got the corpses of two colossi decorating his office. He beat the hammerer to death with his cabinet. He beat the snot out of a Titan by himself. He fought of an entire army of goblins without a scratch. He's punched a berserking dwarf in the face so hard he not only killed her with the single shot, but sent her flying down a hallway.
He once fought a skeletal polar bear, without armor, with his bare hands, and won. He's stood in the face of full dragon fire and let it warm him up for battle.
He once cut a bronze colossus in half with a single strike.

I'm sure he's done a lot else that I've forgotten.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »

He eats crumpets before, and after, doing those things. That's hardcore.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>My Mayor (Ironblood) is so tough that he's got the corpses of two colossi decorating his office. He beat the hammerer to death with his cabinet. He beat the snot out of a Titan by himself. He fought of an entire army of goblins without a scratch. He's punched a berserking dwarf in the face so hard he not only killed her with the single shot, but sent her flying down a hallway.
He once fought a skeletal polar bear, without armor, with his bare hands, and won. He's stood in the face of full dragon fire and let it warm him up for battle.
He once cut a bronze colossus in half with a single strike.

I'm sure he's done a lot else that I've forgotten.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]</STRONG>

[/tread]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »

I bet in his day he had to carve the mountainhome out of a hill!  Backwards!  And he liked it!
igless
Pages: 1 [2]