Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NPC spawns without quiver !!  (Read 602 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NPC spawns without quiver !!
« on: November 08, 2020, 09:18:04 am »

i made new ranged weapon sling.
and made also new ammo sling bullet.

when merchant arrive my fortress, their slingers(use blowgun skill) spawns with sling bullet. but without quiver.
they carry their bullets in hands.

but in my fortress, when i make range squad, and set to use sling&sling bullet, they use quiver well. they put in their ammos in the quiver.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NPC spawns without quiver !!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 10:18:21 am »

Quivers are generally weird, as are merchants. Merchants tend to behave poorly with modded in objects (if you ever make a flying race you also must make sure they get their own custom flying pack animals and don't have access to domestic haulers otherwise it might start raining horses when they show up) and npc uniforms are honestly nightmares to deal with. I mean toady can't even get bards to wear clothes half the time lol. That said someone really does need to dig into quivers, as they're hardcoded into the game and really kinda strange.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

Quivers only spawn on units with Crossbowman(dwarf) or Bowman(dwarf) profession tag, unfortunately. The sole exception iirc are the subterranean beastman tribes.

Changing the ranged usage skill of the modded weapon to BOW or CROSSBOW should fix the issue.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 04:55:47 am »

Quivers only spawn on units with Crossbowman(dwarf) or Bowman(dwarf) profession tag, unfortunately. The sole exception iirc are the subterranean beastman tribes.

Changing the ranged usage skill of the modded weapon to BOW or CROSSBOW should fix the issue.
What if make ranged weapon for thrower skill or archer skill or any other skill?

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:36:42 am »

from adventure mode testing, thrower skill ammo will properly be held in quivers, but I don't think npcs will ever spawn with the weapons or ammo (though both will spawn anywhere normal weapons or ammo would). if you give them quiverss and ammo they'll equip it properly tho (at least, as much as they'll equpi anything properly

Also fun fact, thrower skill ammo seems to work just as well (if not better since throwing is really fast) when thrown then when fired from a weapon.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.