Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica  (Read 3874 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 05:21:10 pm »

Turn 14

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Acter Nobody
You name your spear The Earth's Grasp. You can feel it being recorded in the spoiler above. The elder seems to disapprove of your Konnavaal hunting idea, but at the same time doesn't appear to be inclined to try to stop you. Based on their directions, it sounds like it was sighted about four tiles south and two to the west. He also makes a point of requesting that you do not try to get any of the young hunters involved; while not explicitly stated, this implies that inviting older hunters to join you is okay.

Aera
(Your turn has been skipped as you didn't post. See turn 13 to see what is currently happening for you)

Lysirithanth
You decide to wait.

After a while, it starts raining. It seems that even in the desert, it rains every now and then. The rain appears to be cause for celebration among the local purplefolk.

Another thing you notice, is that it never seems to be night around here. You must have been waiting for more than just a few days worth of time by now.

Max
You decide that colder temperature doesn't necessarily mean that you will find ice. Of the two directions, east appears to be the safer of the two if only because you already came from that direction and didn't already find any serious hazards there; but you go west on account of the fact that if you wanted to find better ice in the east you would need to go even further than the already explored areas.

After a bit of travelling, you actually do manage to find what appears to be ice; but the form it takes looks un-natural. Slightly curved pillars of ice about seven feet long and a foot in diameter protrude from the ground. There are a couple of parallel pairs of these pillars around the area. You don't immediately approach however. You also see a creature large enough to qualify as being giant. Something reminiscent of a fat spider except covered in thick fur with a long prehensile nose.

Salem Monroe
(Your turn has been skipped as you didn't post. See turn 12 to see what is currently happening for you)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 07:10:00 pm »

Well well, that'll do wonders for the wood I left out to dry, won't it? Hmm.
Just because it hasn't been night time yet doesn't mean that it never will be. Different planets turn at different speeds. Though, if this planet is tidally locked, or it isn't a planet at all and simply receives light from above at all times, this raises questions about how the climate isn't unlivably hot.

Wait.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2021, 12:07:24 am »

Now those look very interesting.

Analyze the ice pillars.  Are they part of something?  Are they just the weird natural here?  How many of them are they?  Do they belong to someone else?  If so, it might be worth using them, but probably for the capstone.. after I'm practiced up on ordinary ice, as I wouldn't want to pick a fight over something so mundane.

Try to avoid the spider-thing.  If it sees me, use the stealth power to run away.  If it doesn't, hold onto it for now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2021, 07:16:20 pm »

Use the broken trap to hang some cooked meat from a tree where the animals can't get it, bear bagging style. Then go test the canoe.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]