Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need sand  (Read 881 times)

PrinzMegaherz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need sand
« on: January 01, 2007, 09:49:00 am »

Hi guys,

I have a glass furnace, I have two empty bags.

Why do my haulers say "no free bag available" when I issue to collect sand? I need glass for my fey mood dwarf ("need... rough... color") and I'm running out of time!

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

darknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need sand
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 10:10:00 am »

The bags have to be available in a stockpile, and NOT already tasked by someone for something else. And it seems like most things outrank glassmaking for tasking. I found it best to make LOTS of extra bags, so that the kitchen cant grab all of them. I make so many, that my weaver went master in no time, and turns out lots of masterwork bags, which are worth quite a bit if I feel like selling any. He even turned out some masterwork rope that was worth a lot too. Guests of my prison get to admire those tho.
ho watches those that watch us???

PrinzMegaherz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 10:18:00 am »

Thanks for the fast answer,

those bags are in the furniture stockpile, and collect sand has highest priority from he manager.

Is there a way to see what jobs the bags are being assigned to?

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »

Im not sure how to check what task they are assigned to, it may be possible under the [j]obs menu...
try using [k] to look at the bags, if they have seeds inside them, or anything else (like babies) then they wont be used for sand gathering.

Oh and if you've encrusted/decorated them, then they won't be used either.

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ctrlfrk:
[QB]... if they have seeds inside them, or anything else (like babies) then they wont be used for sand gathering.QB]

Laf.  "Hey Bob, where's your kid?"  "Ah, left him in a sack somewhere."

So it's possible to use the bags left behind by the kidnappers?  All the ones I've seen have just been left lying where the poor would-be kidnapper has been ripped apart.

Ragnarok Now

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

Many items outside the fort are either forbidden ('d'esignate 'c' to reclaim) or can be collected with the "dwarves collect refuse outside" option.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ctrlfrk:
<STRONG>Oh and if you've encrusted/decorated them, then they won't be used either.</STRONG>

Far as I know, that's not longer true. That bug was only in the 2d version. I've been using decorated barrels and the like with no issue.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.