Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question for stoners and/or Coloradoans  (Read 3072 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Question for stoners and/or Coloradoans
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 09:50:15 pm »

You boost all skills or no skills.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 11:43:27 pm »

so that's not going to workthat way... hmmm
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 10:29:59 am »

comprehensive?

That's the intent. It's not there yet, of course, but I've been documenting a lot of my research on the wiki. Here's the impressive page. (The regular links are to vanilla plants; the "Scratchpad" links are to my drafts, which are at varying degress of roughness.)

well i'm getting high and coding a mod myself so there's no change to hard work ;D though I do want to leisure more.

*scribbles notes*

There is one thing I'd suggest and that is that marijuana is a painkiller but its not really numbing.

Is there a way to reduce pain without numbing? I don't recall one.

A youtube video also told me it lowers inflammation if df cares?

I'm pretty sure there's no way to model that in DF :-\

also two strains of marijuana. well three. hemp is industrial, makes good material. better than wood, better paper, better... everything. not smokable. then the strain of weed that makes you kinda tired and leisurely and the other one that makes you... more thinky!

Since domestication & the subsequent breeding of different strains of a plant aren't currently modeled in DF, I'm currently trying to represent all the strains of cannabis in one type of plant. There are just too many strains of too many different kinds of plants to create separate plant species for each of them. The bananas alone...

More weed means more intense effect in my opinion. i dunno if you can specify delivery method concentration but a bong or vape is probably most effective method of 'refer madness' syndrome infection.

As you can see above I have the syndrome stacking with more doses, like alcohol does, but you need extra hits to add more doses.

Currently there's not a way to intentionally inhale something in DF except to boil it or light it on fire, and then stand in its smoke or steam. Most hemp buds in DF will probably be consumed as an edible.
New 47.04 have more syndrome effects, so, if anyone can develop this mod after my necroposting, you can make painkiller effect without numbness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 09:22:52 pm »

Reply to a long-dead post. Forget you saw this...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:26:47 pm by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 [2]