Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spreading Modded Secrets  (Read 1012 times)

eightball8776

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spreading Modded Secrets
« on: August 22, 2020, 11:54:43 am »

So, I've started to mod additional secrets into the game. I've gotten it to the point where gods can give their followers the secrets. However, none of my secrets are spreading beyond the initial learners. Is there any way to make it so more people can learn these secrets during worldgen?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading Modded Secrets
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 06:00:34 pm »

From what I've seen they'll occasionally take on apprentices, but thats it

It's basically a waiting game, or a number of secrets & gods game secrets don't really spread
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Spreading Modded Secrets
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 01:46:59 am »

Secrets that don't include the creation of zombies almost never spread, unless a necromancer happens to learn them.

People seeking the secrets of life and death will opt to live in towers, and people living in towers are much more likely to take on apprentices.  While secret-keepers with apprentices will teach all the secrets they happen to know, non-necromancers who happen to learn a secret will not have any particular interest in living in a tower, so their chances of taking on an apprentice are basically zero.