Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187839 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #1275 on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:57 pm »

Oh, if you think that's a bad bounty wait until you get the Ley-Charged Ooze with Exploiter and Polluter. That was a bloody nightmare... (That, or Silkears with Exploiter.)

(If you're not familiar with those off-hand, Exploiter requires you to be in melee range to do damage, Polluter drops poison fields, and the Ley-Charged Ooze fights like Subject Six. That is, it periodically goes into a block phase, and if you hit it too many times, it starts exploding and does a ton of damage to everything in a considerable radius. And Silkears is just the jackalope that moves really fast.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 11, 2017, 12:18:15 am »

Oh, if you think that's a bad bounty wait until you get the Ley-Charged Ooze with Exploiter and Polluter. That was a bloody nightmare... (That, or Silkears with Exploiter.)

(If you're not familiar with those off-hand, Exploiter requires you to be in melee range to do damage, Polluter drops poison fields, and the Ley-Charged Ooze fights like Subject Six. That is, it periodically goes into a block phase, and if you hit it too many times, it starts exploding and does a ton of damage to everything in a considerable radius. And Silkears is just the jackalope that moves really fast.)

The Facet was really only rough because there was so much visual pollution I found it hard to tell what was going on, so I'd basically just swap between ressing other players with my high durability and rampaging when they needed crowd control skills.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 20, 2020, 12:45:11 am »

Necro just because I'm mostly curious if anyone plays this and I doubt it warrants a new topic. A friend has been trying to get me to play again and I was shocked to realize the game is over 7 years old by now. I finally finished the 'main story' the other day but it had been so long since I last played I forgot who everybody was, so that was fun. Plus I missed out on all of the 'living world' seasons which included their own continuations of the story. Still haven't touch any group content like dungeons after all this time...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 20, 2020, 03:11:35 am »

I tried this at launch, then tried it again about a year ago for comparison.

It never really caught my interest because of the relatively strong emphasis on solo play. There's no tank, DPS or healer roles. Every character is their own island, and it means that you're spending a lot of time just mindlessly running from map point to map point without the incentive to form a cohesive group with other strangers.

I don't really enjoy that type of game. If I want a single player game, I can get that with better story, graphics and mechanics from other sources. The fact it's in a world populated with other players just doesn't really impact much on the core gameplay, at least in my experience. And the less said about PvP, the better.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 20, 2020, 09:31:20 am »

There are roles, they're just not "You play this role to the exclusion of literally everything else in this character".

Elementalists for example are nowhere near tanks, but they are solid DPS. They can also act as healers to a small extent. Fighters have high health pools and heavy armour which allows them to tank, but they get access to some support abilities as well. Guardians have a low health pool and heavy armour which puts them midway in tanking, but they get a lot of support abilities and some of their standard attacks are powerful, allowing them to act as close-in burst DPS.

I'd do this if I could get some IRL friends to do it too, but as it stands I can't so I've dropped the game for now.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 20, 2020, 09:34:20 am »

I've played GW2 since nearly launch and I love it.  It's one of my favorite games and definitely my favorite MMO.  Super stoked for Four Winds and then Halloween close behind it! The latest living story season might be one of the best ones, although I'm so, so sick of Braham and honestly wish the writers would let his stupidity catch up to him.

I'd do this if I could get some IRL friends to do it too, but as it stands I can't so I've dropped the game for now.

Did you not find a good guild? Those make group content a lot more fun. PUGs are always a gamble.

I've never understood the complaints about not grouping up.  The game encourages grouping? Pretty much all the time? There's fractals and raids if people want formal structured teams, and regular PvE content nearly requires casual grouping up past the early zones.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:39:45 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 20, 2020, 09:55:49 am »

Difference between grouping up and grouping up with people you know. Sure I can group up with randoms and maybe become friends, but it's not the same.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]