Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merperson Necromancers  (Read 840 times)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merperson Necromancers
« on: June 13, 2020, 04:54:21 pm »

Merpeople / merperson necromancers would make a whole new weird challenge in the game by raiding coastal forts with armies of zombie sharks, whales, fish, aquatic animal people and aquatic experiments could be pretty interesting too. I guess since necros still need to breathe the mernecro couldn't directly come to your fort, but their undead merperson lieutenants could.

I'm sure there are lots of problems with the idea, like they need to make civs or sites first or something, and you couldn't really strike back at them in the ocean. But if it could be done it would be pretty interesting and make the ocean biomes/creatures more relevant in the game

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merperson Necromancers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 10:09:34 pm »

Merpeople / merperson necromancers would make a whole new weird challenge in the game by raiding coastal forts with armies of zombie sharks, whales, fish, aquatic animal people and aquatic experiments could be pretty interesting too. I guess since necros still need to breathe the mernecro couldn't directly come to your fort, but their undead merperson lieutenants could.

I'm sure there are lots of problems with the idea, like they need to make civs or sites first or something, and you couldn't really strike back at them in the ocean. But if it could be done it would be pretty interesting and make the ocean biomes/creatures more relevant in the game
Merpeople are mortal, so as soon as the game allows them to interact with other civs (civilize like animal people and gorlaks) or form civs of their own with underwater buildings, (future goal) the simulation will Just Work to have them become necromancers.

So, in a sense, it's already in the game. Only it's not.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merperson Necromancers
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 03:35:33 pm »

It would require more life for the oceans first.

But having the DF equivalents to cursed ships ala Flying Dutchman or Triangle of Bermudas would be great.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."