Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creatures from Older Mod (Syfy Monsters) errors  (Read 756 times)

ghengis_cat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Creatures from Older Mod (Syfy Monsters) errors
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:42:07 pm »

Hey all,

Is there a way to fix these errors in these creatures from the Syfy mod? The mod is from 2011 so it isnt quite up to date and as a result I get these messages in the errorlog. I'm not sure how much of an impact they have on the functionality of these creatures in the worlds but if there is a way to fix them, I'd like to know.

<script src="https://pastebin.com/embed_js/6vtfPRcw"></script>

Thanks,

Ghengis Cat

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures from Older Mod (Syfy Monsters) errors
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 03:58:40 pm »

Code: [Select]
Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: THROAT
Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: NECK

This means that the body plan lacks a neck. QUADRUPED should be replaced with QUADRUPED_NECK, HUMANOID with HUMANOID_NECK

Unrecognized Creature Token: SPEED
:Unrecognized Creature Token: SWIM_SPEED
SPEED and SWIM_SPEED are completely obsolete and replaced with gaits. Not sure how to interpret those tokens though.

Unrecognized Creature Token: FIREBREATH
Unrecognized Creature Token: MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK
Also old tokens. Fire breathing and puking acid are now handled differently:

Fire imp's fire jet:
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray jet of fire]
  [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]

Cave floater's juice spray:
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray juice]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:BODY]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POD_JUICE:TRAILING_GAS_FLOW]
[CDI:VERB:spray a stream of steaming juice:sprays a stream of steaming juice:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]

undefined local creature material set to default: MONGOLIAN_DEATH_WORM CARTILAGE
I think the mongolian death worm has no nerve materials or tissues, but has the [HAS_NERVES] token

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SHARKTOPUS
SHARKTOPUS:FEMALE:head, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:FEMALE:right fin, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:FEMALE:left fin, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:FEMALE:dorsal fin, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:MALE:head, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:MALE:right fin, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:MALE:left fin, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
SHARKTOPUS:MALE:dorsal fin, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead

The same as with the death worm, but this time it's a lot of unnecessarily removed materials: fat, nerve, tallow, soap

ghengis_cat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 07:04:05 pm »

Thank you so much for the reply, sorry that I forgot about replying until now.

It did decrease the number of errors for the build except for weird body connective errors.

I have pretty much given up on trying to bring these creatures into modern mods and focused instead on trying to make them better fit into mods that were closer to the build they were designed for because of the crazy amount of differences in how the builds handle creatures and tissues.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 01:35:46 am »

I might try to update them myself since they'd be fun to have in my modpack. Don't lose hope yet.