Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kill Orders for all units in an area  (Read 844 times)

Furious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kill Orders for all units in an area
« on: June 05, 2020, 01:23:42 pm »

After much micromanagement of a dingo invasion I got the idea that setting kill orders the same way we set gather plants orders would be very beneficial.
I suggest the kill order function like other designations and allow for a rectangle to be painted.  Any hostile creatures in that rectangle would be targeted by the squad you order to kill.
That way if there's a crowd of animals or goblins that all scatter when your army shows up, the army will continue to chase down and kill without the need for new orders.
Wait ? Your fort is not half green half red regardless of the stone it's built in ? I'm learning something new every day.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Orders for all units in an area
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »

I'm fairly sure that there is already such a function. (I'm using DFHack but I don't think it's one of it's features)

select squad and then k-r
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 03:18:52 pm »

It could be useful to set up free-fire zones, where any unauthorized person could be met with lethal force. Of course, lesser abounts of force could be used.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:21:29 am »

That's how it works when you set barracks/defend burrow/station/patrol order in an area you want to slay hostiles in. Downside is that it only works on hostiles, and can't be used for, say, poets unannounced in artifact room or to hunt wildlife with spears.