Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarvemon modding help  (Read 1037 times)

White_Tatsu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarvemon modding help
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:30:40 pm »

So, I'm trying to find a way to make a personal mod for Dwarvemon where I use the base mod, but put in one specific species in as an extra civilization (keeping  dwarves, humans, etc of course) by taking them out of the PMD files, but...

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. Could anyone help push me in the right direction?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvemon modding help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 11:20:40 am »

Which Pokémon civ do you want?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

White_Tatsu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »

Which Pokémon civ do you want?

Lucario specifically

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 05:03:35 pm »

Here, let's try this.

You need to start out by setting up Dwarvemon normally. Then, put the files from the PMD folder in your objects folder, leaving out all the "creature_" files aside from creature_equipmentpmd and creature_fourthgenpmd. Then, replace entity_pokeentity with this file. I haven't tested it, but I've altered the file so that every species possibility besides Lucario has been eliminated.

There's more efficient ways to do this, but this should be the quickest and easiest method that doesn't require figuring out how the mod works in more detail. Let me know if this works, please.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

White_Tatsu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 05:20:41 pm »

Aw heck yeah, that seems to have done it, I ran a world and opened adventure mode and it allows me to choose any of the regular races, or Lucario. Thank you so much

Does this make it so Lucario embark on fortress mode, or is it still dwarfs

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 06:15:30 pm »

I haven’t tested it, but it looks like the Lucarios should be playable in Fortress mode. You can check before you embark if you’re a Lucario civ by checking the neighbors list. Your race will top the list.

The modder used the outdated civ_controllable tag rather than site_controllable, but hopefully it’ll still work.
My mods and forum games.

White_Tatsu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 06:20:50 pm »

Ahhhh, gotcha!

Well, thank you so much for the help man, much appreciated

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 06:45:31 pm »

No problem, let me know if you run into problems!
My mods and forum games.