Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf vs Cat  (Read 555 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf vs Cat
« on: April 26, 2020, 09:27:00 pm »

I’m running my first actual fort in a couple years, mostly since my pc what itself and can’t do anything more than start up and run DF (so I apologize for the lack of screenshot as I am phoneposting and bad at the internet)

My guys are having some emotional issues, but nothing that’s proven to be an issue. Not until I saw a combat log of a tantruming engraver assaulting a local cat. I expected it to explode into gore, but then all he did was grab a few of it’s toes before moving to it’s neck and ear and then finally just calming down. He didn’t do anything but grab, and the cat didn’t react past evading his first two attempt to pet it (typical cat).

Is this intended behavior? Because it was the most adorable tantrum I ever witnessed.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf vs Cat
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:35:55 pm »

The dwarf in question's probably just good at grabbing so the combat AI chose those attacks.

Be glad he didn't do any chokeholds.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.