Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing item  (Read 2783 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing item
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 06:43:54 am »

When assigning manually specific armor piece, you assign it to a place in a squad. Not a particular Dwarf. So it doesnt matter if they drop everything, when arriving. If something is assigned individually to them, they will go and pick it up as priority.

DwarfDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 11:52:58 am »

I'll try reassigning again - do y'all assign them to something different, unpause, and then back again? I guess what I'm asking is, in your experience, how do you get them to consider it a reset? Double checking my settings are correct for both squads and individual dwarves doesn't seem to do it.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 06:02:09 am »

Well, it works like this.
  I assign set of individual items on every position in squad.
  When I remove 2 Dwarves from squad and assign them to each others positions on squad, then they drop all assigned to them equipment on spot.  Other Dwarves will haul it to stockpile. Then those 2 Dwarves will bother to the stockpile and pick all items assigned to their position.
  Same thing happens on their arrival. They drop all equipment and it gets carried by haulers to the stockpile. There the Dwarves will pick it up by themselves.

The only issue I had is with re-assigning beds to squadies. I think I solved it by manually assigning beds in particular locations for particular squads. The only issue I think.
Pages: 1 [2]