Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visitors  (Read 981 times)

Dishmab

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Man
    • View Profile
Visitors
« on: April 21, 2020, 03:35:01 pm »

am i the only one who doesnt want humans roaming around my fortress?

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
Re: Visitors
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »

Probably not, but I personally like the big guys. They don't cave adapt, they have a nice size advantage, and they aren't particularly undwarvenly. They can be great soldiers and solid construction workers should you be able to get enough of them.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:42:03 pm »

You don't need to have them if you don't want them. Just restrict your taverns and temples to citizens only.

A monster hunter will still turn up from time to time ('cos caverns are, like, public access, man) but they'll leave when you turn down their petitions

DwarfDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 11:47:24 pm »

My first fortress was home to the most raucous, kicking tavern the Western Continent had ever seen. Elves, Humans, and even Goblins caroused, drank, and sang in the legendary tavern of the Grooved Gem. And then, one day, a handful of human ruffians attacked the fortress. The dwarven military wiped them out with ease, but a few humans from the tavern saw the beatdown and decided to start throwing punches. The ensuing loyalty cascade killed 90% of the population, with the survivors left to wander the blood-stained halls in depression and grief.

So yea, no more open taverns for me. Visitors can kiss my rump, loyalty cascade just didn't seem the right way to go down.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 05:35:20 am »

Totally expected outcome of yet another half-arsedly 'finished' "feature".  ::)  Gotta Keep 'Em Separated!