Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i build a elf torture chamber quickly  (Read 867 times)

ProbablyRed

• Bay Watcher
  • Real Human Bean
    • View Profile
How do i build a elf torture chamber quickly
« on: March 19, 2020, 08:43:52 am »

Hey all, i need some more advice, i've been recently visited by elf diplomats, how do i: A. Make a torture chamber really quick B.Haul elf to torture chamber?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: How do i build a elf torture chamber quickly
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 12:52:41 pm »

Build doors around the elf, lock them, then take your time rubbing your hands together and mumbling as you devise your evil plan.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 02:20:55 pm »

You might want to use meeting areas and wall up the elf once he's no longer moving.

Also... torture chamber ? No need to be so complicated. I just clear-cut the outside of the map.

Not only is wood useful, the tears of the elves that have to go through all the tree stumps are... entertaining.

Or you can hire them in your fort. As a woodcutter.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 04:23:29 pm »

I don't mind the elves visiting, since they tend to bring a lot of fun new pets with them. c:

But if one should need to be an example, locking them in a room alone should suffice. They take care of the rest themselves, provided the reason they need to be an example isn't because they have building destroyer tags. Having a small room designated as a meeting hall, your other meeting areas off or not accepting outsiders, and sending your fort to mass haul stuff should get them in that room alone.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 09:31:16 pm »

I'm playing with Modest Mod, but I think that the elf caravans have been very underwhelming those days. It's usually lots of wooden crap (and few of it being useful) and not much else.

I find raiding the hippies for cattle is more effective if you want some nice tame animals.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 09:53:30 pm »

Torture chamber, my oh my...

Options include but are not limited to
  • Water pump into room (from above to not allow them to escape while it's being set up): drown them slowly and painfully
  • Magma pump into room: burn them quickly and painfully
  • Build several minecart tracks in loops in separate hallway leading to the outside, put rollers on them set at maximum speed, place iron minecarts on said loops, then open doors to hallway from elf containment room. Wait until elves see glimpse of salvation. Power the rollers and turn them to dust.
  • Build enormously tall hollow tower above elf containment room. Bring dwarves to the roof. Bring boulders to the roof. Open the top of the tower. Release boulders.
  • Obtain big furious beasts like jabberers from wildlife. Open hatch cover at the top of the containment room. Release the beasts.
  • Capture elves in cage traps. Build enormous arena with captured beings and creatures, from sieges, wilds, etc. Stage glorious fights for the amusement of all dwarfkind.

And on and on...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 02:16:26 am »

If you just have a drawbridge to lock them in the trade depot they eventually go insane.