Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Show creature description during adventurer creation  (Read 619 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Show creature description during adventurer creation
« on: December 24, 2019, 07:18:51 pm »

One for the UI revamp.

Throughout Adventurer creation (current version, not sure about the new version upcoming of course) there's no actual creature description throughout the process. You have to set up everything and start the game before you can see it. Would be handy for newcomers who don't know what a gorlak is (for example) and absolutely essential for the new proceduraly generated critters to have a description right there on the creature selection page.

I don't want to go through retirement and start over again when I find out a "Nightmare Megajaw" is actually a failed experiment mutated maggot with horns.

Include relative size to average human (or dwarf) too so you know what you're getting yourself into (1.5 times bigger than an average human - easily generated text). I'm sure some people imagine large Planet of the Apes style animal people when they've actually selected a tiny monkey guy. And throw up a graphic or whatever in graphical versions.