Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 [1575]

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2378566 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23610 on: September 22, 2024, 07:51:52 am »

Do you really want sniper bots tho
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23611 on: September 23, 2024, 12:39:44 pm »

Found out the hard way that knight not only defeats machine gun, but rolls over it like its nothing.

Civilization 4.  >:(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23612 on: September 23, 2024, 01:32:35 pm »

Civilization is famous for Spearman beats Tank.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23613 on: September 23, 2024, 01:50:19 pm »

Knights are really good though.  Top STR (12) for medieval age, can smoke anything before riflemen, and as 2 movement horses are naturally attack oriented.

Machine guns are 20str, and get absurd city and hill def bonuses.  Machine guns are really supposed to be so threatening you rush to air support or marines.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #23614 on: September 26, 2024, 06:20:30 pm »

I was blown apart by what I can only imagine was an ork gun emplacement that I couldn't see. I happened so fast, and all my smurfs died :(

This is the 40k mod for xcom ufo defence
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23615 on: September 26, 2024, 11:58:39 pm »

Cetana bugged out again in Stellaris.  That makes literally 2/3rds of the times I've encountered her a disaster that was unwinnable due to bugs.

After she establishes outposts in your territory, a bunch of dig sites are supposed to show up and you're supposed to get events telling you to destroy convoys and outposts to get intel on her and delay her progress to the instant game over.  You get damage bonuses against her for completing some of these, which is almost necessary because her ships have insane stats and insane regen.  They're supposed to be almost unbeatable without those bonuses.

So...  I didn't get the bonuses, and found that yes indeed 1 million fleet power was not enough to beat her 8 million.  The AI didn't help at all.  They usually don't help much anyway, but the last expansion made the AI much worse since the cosmic storms lead to many of them collapsing from stability problems.  I've never seen so many rebellions.

I don't think the devs have fixed any bugs related to her since she was introduced.  It's a gamble if you plan to play to the crises like I do, since it's a coin flip if you'll just hit the bugs and be screwed.  I made a backup save early into the crisis for just this occasion, but it was after those events were supposed to trigger so it was already too late.  I'm going to have to stop playing on ironman, I guess.  Corrupted the save trying to turn it off so I could bypass her with console commands.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 1573 1574 [1575]