Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability to build floors under furniture without having to deconstruct furniture  (Read 528 times)

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know how hardcoded this one is, but its such a pain having to remove my beds, tables, and chairs and reassign bedrooms and the like.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please search the suggestions forum. Everything in your last four posts has been suggested before and is all being discussed in a thread made by the developer right now.

Instructions for Suggestions forum are at the top of the page.

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

link?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174947.0

Actually I'm not sure this particular one has been raised before (probably in a general UI thread somewhere). Annoying thing, but doesn't actually make sense to be able to build a floor under an item of furniture.

Make dwarves smart enough to move stuff out of the way, sure.  That was mentioned during the taverns update. Basically requires a save breaking rewrite of the whole building code. So won't happen for a while. But likely to be a thing eventually (hard-coded is irrelevant, these suggestions are made for the one person who has the code and can do whatever he likes with it).

Water barrels, pile and dump mechanics and UI improvements (not just caravans, everything about the UI can be made clearer and more organised) are raised in various general UI issues suggestions threads here and there, and can be raised right now in the thread I linked above (which is about feedback for Zach who has been working to gather all the issues that confuse new players).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:14:08 pm by Shonai_Dweller »