Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any word on changes to socialization mechanics?  (Read 1283 times)

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any word on changes to socialization mechanics?
« on: October 31, 2019, 03:55:06 pm »

I haven't played in a couple of versions but had a massive craving to return lately, both to revisit old fun and to check out the new features. The new needs system, as much as I like then idea of it, gives me a bit of a headache though. Though I can deal with most aspects of it, what's really been demotivating me is massive problems with dwarven loneliness -- both due to the strict requirements for what counts as socialization between individuals, and because dwarves have so little to no initiative. It's sad to see a bunch of increasingly unhappy beards sitting in the pub with "no job" rather than making friends with each other or talking to the local family members they miss so much. (I've also had problems with dwarves stressing out about not being able to pray despite there being both dedicated and general use temples.)

Has Toady mentioned anything about upcoming improvements to these issues? I'd be really nice if the dwarves sought each other out, if spending time together (mining, engraving, training, debating etc.) built friendships, etc.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on changes to socialization mechanics?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 04:02:57 pm »

I assume you're not aware of this thread (by ThreeToe)?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174931.0

However, I'd expect the target schedule would be for the Premium release in a year and a half or so, rather than the Villains release within the next half year or so.

Might happen earlier if Toady adopts parallel support of the latest release while working on the next one when the Villains release is done, rather than starting when forced by the Premium one.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on changes to socialization mechanics?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 04:13:04 pm »

I was not aware of that thread, no, so thanks for the link!