Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why can't I appoint a commander or captain?  (Read 2090 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Why can't I appoint a commander or captain?
« on: November 09, 2019, 10:54:03 pm »

My militia commander and captain were killed. There is no option in the nobles screen to appoint new ones. Why? And how can I fix this?

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I appoint a commander or captain?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 11:02:45 pm »

Your militia commander would be appointed by your expedition leader; if you don't have an expedition leader (either dead or off-site), you'll need to wait until you do to appoint a new commander. Your militia captains are likewise appointed by your militia commander, so you'll need to fix the first problem before you can appoint new captains.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 09:40:31 am »

On the military screen, is your first squad missing a leader? If yes, then assign someone.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MudSoakedReacher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:28:49 pm »

If your expedition leader is incapacitated or away, you will be unable to appoint replacement nobles.