Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 5/?)  (Read 3065 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 5/?)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2019, 11:22:37 pm »

Quote from: Ardent's original trigger writeup
Last week, a Meta Villain tried to strangle you with a telekinetically-controlled length of wire for your wallet and as you suffocated, you screamed for help and the choking stopped. The wire fell to the concrete with a clatter and after staring at you like you were a ghost in the flesh, they ran away faster than you've ever seen someone move. You felt a bit of pressure in the back of your head, and it was giving you a headache, so you willed it to go away and the wire slid up into the air to follow the fleeing Villain. That was a week ago, and after a metric shitload of deep thought on the matter, you've come to the conclusion that you've Triggered as a Trump, and gained the power to cancel out powers.

Let's say a freelance engineer, and a friend from college maybe? It's kinda late and I don't greatly feel like coming up with an entirely new character at the moment.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 3/?)
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 11:35:08 pm »

@NRDL, Seems fine I’ll even write the power description for you.
Empathy Sense (Thinker): By concentrating on a human’s mind, you can see the surface thoughts, current emotions, and current needs of a human. With physical touch and concentration, you can get the memories of people, things they have attachment too, and even long-term goals and describing characteristic traits that their not even aware of.

Excellent summary. I'll add it to my character sheet.

Admittedly, I'm just a less effective Tattletale. Although I can't remember if she could read information that wasn't based off of physical observation.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 3/?)
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2019, 12:10:20 am »

@Darkwarlock, your triggers are interesting, is that a vigilante brewing up?, you might be recognizable by construction companies and a criminal organization I name up, let’s say the Skull Gang seem good to you, I can make them either a gang based that uses supers or hates supers, have a preference?

i prefer that they use supers
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 12:45:42 am »

Spoiler: Trigger Events (click to show/hide)

(If something doesn’t make sense or needs changing let me know)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2019, 11:00:55 pm »

Yep the IC Thread has been posted, and I will go by an hour a turn everyone has nothing to go to and so a day has to follow. I’m still opening up for applicants I can handle about 7, everyone else shall have to be sadly waitlisted. I’ll try my hardest to not let this day and keep a 48-72 hour update schedule, but don’t count on it.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 05:25:07 am »

I know it is very late, and the IC thread has been going on for a while, but can i still join? I would love to take part in this story as a vigilante.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:23:56 am by Leonardo8 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 02:10:48 pm »

I know it is very late, and the IC thread has been going on for a while, but can i still join? I would love to take part in this story as a vigilante.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are a..... 6 so a Tinker. You utilize the power of utilizing gadget or in simpler sense technology. Think something from Ironman too for a more Russian one... Whiplash. How will this super utilize the ability of technology to help his situation, or rather what kind of technology or gadget does he use? You’ll most likely be in the following update, unless I’m lazy and don’t update one today.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 03:48:28 pm »

Spoiler: trigger and power (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 07:42:56 pm »

For a character for the supers game. These stats okay or no? You made the system unneccessarily complicated wording-wise which is why I was confused the first time around when that rando made a big fuss out of it. Let me know if that's good to go and I'll add in the rest of the profile. I have it ready. Just need to swap it from google docs.

Stats:
Physique: 2
Intellect: 0
Presence: 0
Assets: 0
Mutability: 2

Okay then!, with my dice rolls you are a 4, 7 so a Breaker and Blaster. What alternate state of body do you take when your super activates, and if you go with your second power (if you reduce one of your stats to the starting 7, not a 8 ), how do you activate your ranged, evocative power?. If you need questions on what they are you can ask me, as well as I can give links to the https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Breaker and https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Blaster
Pages: 1 [2]