Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Item Syndrome Reborn DFHack Help Needed (Solved)  (Read 905 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Item Syndrome Reborn DFHack Help Needed (Solved)
« on: October 12, 2019, 06:07:52 pm »

So I'm trying to use Item Syndrome Reborn script to be able to apply Syndromes to items, but i'm having some difficulty, If anyone could help me figure this out, that'd be great. Item Syndrome Reborns creator said its supposed to be future proof, hopefully that holds out.

So basically, to test to see if it works, I created a material with a syndrome and script specific Syn_Class tags, created an armor that uses that material and reactions to basically create it for free. The reactions work fine, but I don't know if the script itself doesn't or if i'm messing up somewhere raws wise.

Here's the code/raws

Spoiler: item-syndrome.lua (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: onload.init command (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: the armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: the reactions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:15:38 am by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Item Syndrome Reborn DFHack Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:12:15 pm »

I don't think you are calling it correctly. Try replacing
Code: [Select]
repeat -name itemSyndromeRebord -time 1 -timeUnits ticks -command [ item-syndrome ]with just
item-syndrome enable

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 09:43:25 pm »

I don't think you are calling it correctly. Try replacing
repeat -name itemSyndromeRebord -time 1 -timeUnits ticks -command [ item-syndrome ]with just
item-syndrome enable

Alright so I did that, didn't work and now DFHack gives me this in red repeatedly:

Spoiler: red fail (click to show/hide)

here's lines 257 to 268 btw, since it says the errors are on said lines

Spoiler: lines (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:46:06 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:50:32 am »

Yeah, the script isn't "future proof" as the dead flag was renamed into inactive. You can try changing the unit.flags1.dead to unit.flags1.inactive, but I'm not sure if there will be other additional problems. You could also just use the modtools/item-trigger script that is included in DFHack by default
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:56:08 am by Roses »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 12:15:26 am »

Yeah, the script isn't "future proof" as the dead flag was renamed into inactive. You can try changing the unit.flags1.dead to unit.flags1.inactive, but I'm not sure if there will be other additional problems. You could also just use the modtools/item-trigger script that is included in DFHack by default

Unfortunately I have no clue to use modtools/item-trigger.

Fortunately I don't have to, replacing unit.flags1.dead to unit.flags1.inactive made the entire thing work! Now my items can have enchantments! Thanks a ton!