Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How force clowns to tame more creatures?  (Read 793 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How force clowns to tame more creatures?
« on: September 29, 2019, 11:02:22 pm »

I play as goblins and need more stable livestock. In some worlds I can embark with jabberers and maneras. In other I even have no giant rats. Also I need helmet snakes as vermin hunters (I add them token).

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How force clowns to tame more creatures?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 04:53:23 am »

Maybe longer history so the demon has better chance to travel to the deep and tame wild animals.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 07:43:52 am »

Since you are obviously modding your civilization anyway, you might be better off defining animal tokens for your entity: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#Animal_definitions
I have not used these myself so I won't offer specifics, but I've seen them talked about in the modding subforum and they do not rely on rolls of chance during world history.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 10:41:26 am »

Add these into the raws of your civ.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 03:48:18 am »

Maybe longer history so the demon has better chance to travel to the deep and tame wild animals.
I generate world 10000 years.
Since you are obviously modding your civilization anyway, you might be better off defining animal tokens for your entity: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#Animal_definitions
I have not used these myself so I won't offer specifics, but I've seen them talked about in the modding subforum and they do not rely on rolls of chance during world history.
I know all about this using animal definition. But by definition you can have creatures even if they have no wild population in world.