Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: armor set manager problem  (Read 717 times)

peng88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
armor set manager problem
« on: July 24, 2019, 01:41:42 pm »

Hey there, sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched and the wiki doesn't quite answer my question;

Pretty much im new and trying to use manager, to make a leather set and iron set with conditions.

lets say i ask the manager to forge 10 iron helms, but i put the condition to make more if only 2 are available, to a max of 10.  so in my mind, that condition should work, but my forgers just stare at me. making none.

make iron helm 10
if available item is (less than) 2 available repeat

this is not working so im probs doing something completely stupid. so any answers would be appreciated

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: armor set manager problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 02:37:24 pm »

First thing to double check, manager orders do not magically know what item you want to count for the condition, you need to be very specific.

You wrote
if available item is less than 2

which should be
if available iron helms is less than 2

Otherwise it matches any item in your fort. You can edit the condition for (i)tem type - Helms - and (m)aterial - Iron.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:44:33 pm by mightymushroom »

peng88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 04:10:43 pm »

thank you so much.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 01:39:26 am »

The conditions you have specified will wait until there are less than 2 iron helms and then make 10 iron helms over and over and over again for ever (not waiting until there are less than 2).  Repeat doesn't do what most people expect -- in fact, as far as I can tell it's completely useless.

You should set to check every day if you want it to stop making iron helms after it has made the first 10 and then wait until there are less than 2.