Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [OOC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 1041 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
[OOC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« on: July 09, 2019, 02:00:01 pm »

ICAO incident log DL-06-14, the Abduction Incident.

"By the time backup arrived it was too late. I knew it was a possibility, but I never thought something like that would actually happen. They didn't stand a chance, I didn't stand a chance. That monster was beyond any of our imaginations." - Agent ███████.

~Story~
You're a night guard for an organized crime syndicate, little more than a thug really. For the past few months you've been guarding a warehouse, protecting each and every mysterious shipment with your life in return for a surprisingly hefty paycheck. It's a dull job, you're mostly just a scarecrow, and very rarely will anyone even come close enough to warrant your attention. Essentially, you're paid to stay awake.

But tonight is different, tensions are high. Rumors say that someone has been attacking other warehouses in the area, killing guards and stealing merchandise. No one knows who is behind the attacks, only that they leave no survivors. Fear of this mysterious foe has brought you and the other guards into the reality that tonight might be your last.

~Characters~
As stated above, the characters serve as guards for an organized crime syndicate. Each has their own reasons for doing so, but none can simply run in the face of dangerous rumors. Having worked together for several months, all of the characters know each other, some may even be friends.

Though not expected to use them, each character is trained in the use of firearms and provided a handgun by the syndicate. They are also allowed to bring their own weapons should they so choose.

Sheet:
Name: [What is your character called?]
Personality: [What does your character act like?]
Appearance: [What do they look like? Indicate any extra weapons at the bottom of this section]
Other: [Anything else?]

~Setting~
The RP is set in and around a large rectangular warehouse consisting of four main areas:

The Warehouse Exterior
The main area the PCs will occupy, further split into the four sides of the warehouse. The north and south sides are about two thirds the length of the east and west sides. There are doors on the east side of the north face (this is considered the front) and in the middle of the west face, as well as delivery space for trucks all along the south face. The utilities and the lights can be controlled from a box just outside the northeast entrance.

The Warehouse Interior
A gigantic maze comprised of various crates and boxes stacked floor to ceiling, with pathways just barely large enough for a small forklift to fit between them. As these pathways are constantly being rearranged every night, the only way to navigate this area without getting completely lost is for someone in the camera room to navigate for you.

The Camera Room
A room just inside the north entrance, providing a clear view of the entire warehouse at all times, provided one can watch all of the screens at once. There are not many cameras targeted outside the warehouse, only covering the two entrances and the south side delivery dock. Whoever is lucky enough to be stationed here will also have quick access to the fridge, which is stocked with water, soda, and a couple cans of cheap beer.

The Warehouse Roof
The roof of the warehouse which can only be accessed by climbing a ladder through a trapdoor situated inside the warehouse near the west entrance. The roof is fairly empty save for a large box that houses the warehouse's ventilation system in the southeast corner and the inconveniently located bathroom near the ladder up.

~Notes~
Discord for all of my RPs, ask for the AtPS role.
IC Thread
This is a Lexi RP so expect to suffer and be prepared to die horribly.
It's also supposed to be a horror RP so be double prepared to die horribly.
Aiming for 4-6 players but I can comfortably run up to 8.

~NPCs~
Markus Harrison
Dodger Fenton
Kevin "Hands" Benjamin
Remi Carmine

~PCs~
Erika Wood - Goggy
Arkady Rygiel - IntSys
Mike Kowalski - Stratos
Giena Kruglov - Cheesy Honkers
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:00:04 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 02:07:24 pm »

I've known about this for a while, so I'm putting this post here to mark my interest... And to hold my character sheet, which as of now, is still a work in progress.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:17:22 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 02:09:51 pm »

consider this a mark of interest/ helping an old friend keep her nerve.

Will produce something later once I have time to read through everything in detail.

Spoiler: Mike (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 01:03:35 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:25 pm »

Complete.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:20:41 pm by IntSys »

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile