Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why all lesbian harpies not married?  (Read 3023 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why all lesbian harpies not married?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 11:59:24 am »

Please fix your grammar.

Eh, it's pretty close for a non-native English speaker.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »

And post the code in code tags...
Code: [Select]
this code and not an ugly long list
And what is wrong in code? Probably, harpies need more value of family, romance or etc.
Might be just that gay marriage is rare.

Nope, statistically for bisexual races I've made they're exactly 50% of all marriages. It's treated the same way in all ways as straight marriage, except one, that being...

I think the trouble here is, outside of fortress magic and so on, the harpies won't breed or multiply without a male or something.

They'll breed anyway as long as there's a male caste. The game will generate straight couples with children regardless of whether orientation allows it. It's annoying, but it happens.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 10:35:56 am »

And post the code in code tags...
Code: [Select]
this code and not an ugly long list
And what is wrong in code? Probably, harpies need more value of family, romance or etc.
Might be just that gay marriage is rare.

Nope, statistically for bisexual races I've made they're exactly 50% of all marriages. It's treated the same way in all ways as straight marriage, except one, that being...

I think the trouble here is, outside of fortress magic and so on, the harpies won't breed or multiply without a male or something.

They'll breed anyway as long as there's a male caste. The game will generate straight couples with children regardless of whether orientation allows it. It's annoying, but it happens.
Harpies don't HAVE a male caste.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 04:01:59 am »

My DF-knowledge is a bit rusty, and this might not apply to world gen, but isn't it the case that for two creatures to get married, they both have to share a deity that they worship? Try adding a religion to your entity and see if that fixes anything.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 04:59:49 am »

My DF-knowledge is a bit rusty, and this might not apply to world gen, but isn't it the case that for two creatures to get married, they both have to share a deity that they worship? Try adding a religion to your entity and see if that fixes anything.
I play with an entity which has no religion. They marry just fine.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 09:42:25 am »

Harpies breed in goblin fortress, whem have two female castes, one intelligent (spouse converter) and one mute slow learner (converted spouse). I see one harpy child in my fortress. But I am not sure, all three harpies was killed by tantruming troll and I not look in DT. In goblin fortress egglaying creatures breed normal because goblins have no nest.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 09:58:14 am »

Or this child harpy arrive with migrants.
Pages: 1 [2]