Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Occupy mission  (Read 782 times)

Argentum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Occupy mission
« on: December 18, 2018, 06:55:24 pm »

I sent my military to occupy a large human town, but cannot request all of my military dwarves as workers. I am fine with this, but my militia commander is not among the dwarves I can request. He is my best and only tactician, and was carrying an artifact steel sword and platinum shields, and I would  like those back. Any way to do this, or are they all just lost forever?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Occupy mission
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 10:02:43 pm »

1) Visit him in adventurer.
2) Wander the world spreading rumours about his wonderful artifact sword  Especially to goblins.
3) Wait a couple of years for the site to be wiped out in an invasion.
4) (if the next version hits and artifact quest bugs are fixed) Send a squad to reclaim the artifact from whoever stole it.
5) (if bug still exists). Send an adventurer to collect the artifact from whoever stole it.

Well, you could just skip straight to 5 and have an adventurer kill your military commander and bring the artifact back, but following the above steps, there's a chance your commander will flee (or be captured)  and will make it back home to your fortress someday. And makes for a better tale.

Death Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 01:53:54 am »

The commander probably became administrator of the occupied site. I don't think there's a way to get him back currently, but I'm not 100% sure.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 06:45:34 am »

Could you send a dwarf to take his administrative position?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?