Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Convert designation to marker instead of cancelling for damp/warm stone  (Read 889 times)

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8 years ago, I made a suggestion that there should be a way to restore designations cancelled for damp/warm stone without requiring the player to remember the exact type of the designation: Redesignate as before. So what's changed since then? Well, we now have a feature that points to an easy way to implement this suggestion: "designation markers" which save the designation state of a cell without designating a real job that a dwarf should start working on.

So, to revise my suggestion:

Don't add new controls and saved designation states for restoring designations that got cancelled because of damp or warm stone.

Simply convert the designation that would have been cancelled to a designation marker - this preserves both the type and the priority (another thing that we didn't have when I first suggested this) of the original designation.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Convert designation to marker instead of cancelling for damp/warm stone
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:58:16 pm »

I'll note that currently the cancel also erases marked designation. If this is implemented, making it not erase those would be nice as well.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Convert designation to marker instead of cancelling for damp/warm stone
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 06:43:31 pm »

Simply put; make Designations Suspended rather than Cancelling. (Maybe include a flag denoting why it was suspended)