Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bought or imported weapons vs Onsite Forged weapons  (Read 969 times)

stillrabbit730

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bought or imported weapons vs Onsite Forged weapons
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:23:04 am »

Hello all,
While looking at my current stocks I noticed that the games does differentiate between weapons made in your fort or not, by the "(" and ")" found on the name. Does anyone know if this actually plays into combat calculations? For example, if an axedrawf were to use a "(Silver battle Axe)" would it be less effective than a "Silver battle axe"?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
Re: Bought or imported weapons vs Onsite Forged weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:36:55 am »

No, this is only taken into account in fort wealth calculations, as well as in trade. The "(item)" counts as imported wealth and cannot be offered as tribute to caravans.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:06:57 am »

It can if it is modified on site though.

EG, "studded with copper" -- BAM, now it shows up in orange instead of white, and can be sent as tribute.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 01:47:43 pm »

Closest thing to it is that they're supposed to perform better with equipment they're familiar with, I think. But no reason they can't be more familiar with (Silver Battle Axe), other than its lower value and performance compared to steel one.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 07:55:20 pm »

On another note, the wiki says dwarfs can't use any non dwarven weapons. Is that still true?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 03:52:39 am »

Some weapons like two handed swords, mauls and pikes are too large for dwarves to use, but other exotic weapons work just fine. The only problem is that you'll have to do with low quality stuff.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 03:56:39 am »

The quality modifier can still be tacked on, so for things that are affected by them ( like armors), you can still get something "useful" out of bought materials.