Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something weird is happening with my nobles  (Read 867 times)

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Something weird is happening with my nobles
« on: August 30, 2018, 02:25:02 am »

Something weird is happening with my nobles, I built my fort as normal, and as far as I know my civ is not dead.

I got the baron as usual but after a while not getting any additional nobles, the Queen suddenly moved in once my pop hit around 100.

Now I've been playing for several in-game years, and in the interim the Champion died and I have no option to replace him.

The old Queen got replaced with someone else after a "discussion" but she didn't die, she was just hanging in the fort as a regular dorf.

Now the king has died and no replacement has been set. My baron also died and no replacement has been chosen.​

Also, I've read that now dwarven settlements get built and they can swear fealty to you, but this has never happened, the only expansion we got was from 2-3 settlements I've conquered from other civs.

Is my game borked? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Something weird is happening with my nobles
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 02:47:23 am »

I think - I could be wrong it's been ages for me since I last played and I am not back up to scratch - but I think champions are a bit like other leadership roles, they go away once you pass a certain threshold of population or leadership. So perhaps Kings and Queens don't get champions but it's replaced by the captain of the guard or some such thing.

Kind of like the Captain replacing the Sheriff.

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:45:49 pm »

It looks like at first the original king got replaced by someone in your fort. Later someone outside your fortress instead became king.
With your city no longer being the capital you cannot make champions anymore.
I guess you have to apply for it the normal way again.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 12:07:40 pm »

The champion is tied to the baron. Since your baron is dead, you can't appoint a champion.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531