Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Honey Badger Woman Corpse: Enraged at all enemies!  (Read 601 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Honey Badger Woman Corpse: Enraged at all enemies!
« on: August 25, 2018, 07:37:48 am »

Isn't this a bug? Undead ought to be devoid of feelings.

It can be noted that this is a "natural" undead, i.e. one entering the map as part of a critter group in a reanimating biome (and the "enemies" was a single goblin invader, the last one remaining).

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Honey Badger Woman Corpse: Enraged at all enemies!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:06:38 am »

do you think it's because honey badger men would inherit the "prone to rage" attribute from the honey badger ? So it's not a feeling as such, but caused by the honey badger rage thing ?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:56:55 am »

Yeah, that is an inheritance from the base creature. I have not seen any undead guzzlers or thieves enter the map and commit those actions, but it might be because if they had, they saw a dwarf because they were able to commit the action. Rage might be the one action inherited from the base creature, that can be performed by the undead before they enter combat.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 11:20:08 am »

Thanks. It makes technical sense, even if it doesn't really match up logically.
I haven't seen any "undead giant honey badger steals pears [2]" messages either, although that kind of thing should definitely be possible.