Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get more artifacts in world? May have a Mission rundown. Hows it working?  (Read 515 times)

HerbalistRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Curious if artifacts are created in world during dwarf mode. In other words, is there a chance to have more artifacts to raid if I play for 10 years in dwarf mode? I usually stop at 150 years in world gen due to lag/time.

Do know if artifacts change states from last held by UristMcdorf to, Last in? From what I know artifacts can't be recovered from held by state.

I generated a pretty cool world but the list of artifacts is short except for the absurd amount of books. Kind of a letdown I only have 1silver mace few pieces of furniture to loot in this world despite there being at least 5 massive dwarf civilizations. I guess they all decided to invest in libraries.
Are dwarves the only race that create artifacts?

Anyone well versed in Missions can give me the scoop. Does artifact recovery only work for Last seen in?
In the mean time I have 12 moodable weapon and armorer dwarfs ready to go. Wishing there were doors and hatches to raid.
What is an Artifact Sandy Loam 0_o It's covered in gold. I've got a ranger out for a while to retrieve it but I think he's lost.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No new artifacts are created in the outside world right now.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10583

Artifacts should constantly change state, same as pre-play worldgen as owners die, sites get taken over, etc. Fortress mode civ screen only tells you the last known location.

Yeah, held artifacts always cause a mission to fail as far as I can see (if 'visiting all the taverns in the world' can be seen as "failing").

Of course, it might change state after the mission starts if an artifact holder is killed and his artifact placed on a pedestal somewhere.  Very rare, so I doubt anyone's seen this happen yet.

What's the description of the artifact sandy loam? Sounds awesome. Is it a Dwarf artifact or a holy relic?
(Or a named weapon, which would be so weird).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:38:27 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

HerbalistRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shebimori Sith Ahdo, Shovelplate the comedy of Focusing, a perfect sandy loam. This is a perfect sandy loam. It is encircled with bands of gold. Basic Value of 310. It is highlighted blue like scrolls/books. I can't find it, maybe it's in a bag or bin somewhere.
lol what, Artifact sand?

That's all good to know. I'm glad the artifacts are not static. Don't know why it didnt occur to me until now states can change. I was all worried about artifact list. I'll just have to find a good generation and go for 250 year worlds for more artifacts
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:29:19 am by HerbalistRanger »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shebimori Sith Ahdo, Shovelplate the comedy of Focusing, a perfect sandy loam. This is a perfect sandy loam. It is encircled with bands of gold. Basic Value of 310. It is highlighted blue like scrolls/books. I can't find it, maybe it's in a bag or bin somewhere.
lol what, Artifact sand?

That's all good to know. I'm glad the artifacts are not static. Don't know why it didnt occur to me until now states can change. I was all worried about artifact list. I'll just have to find a good generation and go for 250 year worlds for more artifacts
Ah,  a perfect sandy loam. I see.  :D
If you destroy the sites where held artifacts are, you may be able to kill the owner. Then subsequent searches might work. Go forth and Science!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would expect a Perfect Sandy Loam to be an extremely rare perfect gem cut out of an equally rare boulder of sandy loam.

Or, put it differently, a Perfect Gem from a material that can't be cut into gems ordinarily.