Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampire announced as visitor?  (Read 2390 times)

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire announced as visitor?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 02:45:18 pm »

Even in 40.24 days, vampire diplomats were always openly announced as vampires.  This always made me wonder if they were openly vampire law givers or whatever to "their own people."  (I suppose one could have found out via adventure mode...)  I assume the visitor mechanics are same as diplomat mechanics of the past.

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 02:47:23 pm »

the false identity is not reserved to profession as i had in my worlds :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45bUOIK2cAo

DwarfToys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 12:05:44 am »

That also is a good solution.

Historical Figures who are also vampires are generally open about it. I'm not sure if it's planned exactly, but it is the way it works right now. You can even find examples on the forums where a town will defend the open bloodsucker in their midst.

There are several options for this:
  • The thing is charismatic / manipulative enough that the people like it despite it feeding on them sometimes...
  • ...or just has some kind of power over those it feeds upon who survive, which over a long enough time period is everyone in town.
  • The game is being strictly accurate with the usual stories about fortresses who keep their vampire around and make it a noble.  The town is one of those stories.
  • They've worked out an arrangement where it only feeds on visitors, whom they defend it against.  It handles threats they can't (other undead, solitary large invaders?) in exchange.
  • Maybe as a sort of self-preservation mechanism, it became an excellent (and technologically advanced) doctor over hundreds of years.  Or it managed to keep the farms going through what should have been a famine.  Take your pick.  It doesn't need to sleep, probably knows how to do 20 things, and won't be put into bed rest by a disease or kept inside by extremes in weather.  It wouldn't want good food dying from anything but itself, really.  The people of the town ended up having far more lives saved by it than it was taking from them by the time they found out, and by now it mostly feeds on people that are beyond medical help.  This coincidentally includes those which the townspeople mutilate while protecting their "doctor", see above.
  • The town is made up entirely of ditzy teenage girls and the vampire is covered in glitter.  No explanation needed, nor does one exist.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 06:22:16 pm »

Honestly I'd like to see in the villain stuff vampires with high kindness related traits setting up some sort of system where everyone involved benefit
Pages: 1 [2]