Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do NPCs start brawls on their own?  (Read 1199 times)

Lumpy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do NPCs start brawls on their own?
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:51:26 am »

Can arguments between NPCs or the player and a NPC lead to a non-lethal brawl without it being initiated by the player? I've noticed that some NPCs spit at me for belittling their silly beliefs, but I never witnessed them actually going as far as starting a brawl.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Do NPCs start brawls on their own?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:12:21 am »

Yes. My gorlak went into an argument with an elf traveller and got angry to the point he strapped warhammer and shield to his body and let his little fists do the talking. The elf turned it into a soccer ball and the argument was dropped soon after.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 01:59:51 pm »

And its even better if you give em a mug of booze first

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:14:17 am »

They definitely do - it's more visible with violent/rage-prone individuals - goblins are the most notable for it in vanilla due to their innate personality traits.

It mostly seems to happen over arguments where one party flatters or dismisses the argument of the other - they'll say something like "You dare flatter me?" or "You mock me?" and engage in a fight. They mostly seem to be non-lethal but a few times I did see someone actually die, usually from bruised lungs or a broken neck or spine.