Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Wastes of Charon II: It's about about Mad Max-esque Bandits.  (Read 1505 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wastes of Charon II: It's about about Mad Max-esque Bandits.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »

What's considered 'fighting shape'? Lightly damaged and above?

In any case, I'd suggest counter-attacking as soon as possible, either now or after a week of repairs. We really need a quick victory to show we're not a lost cause and head off rebellions, and if they get the tank fixed we're screwed.

Actually, I'll vote to do it this week. It'd be very risky but we should be able to catch them either recovering damaged vehicles (hitting their mechanics) or when they've just started repairs (reducing their available forces). On the other hand, if we're unlucky we'll take heavy losses and pretty much collapse immediately.
Spoiler: plan immediate attack (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wastes of Charon II: It's about about Mad Max-esque Bandits.
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 02:54:40 pm »

What's considered 'fighting shape'? Lightly damaged and above?
It's been a while since I wrote the stuff, and when I wrote the text part I was planning on giving the condition as a percentage. Let's say yes.

Lightly damaged may have some bullet holes in the frame, a strange rattling noise, and maybe a turn signal doesn't work.
Moderate can fight, but might be missing unessential like doors, or have lightly damaged parts (The wheels slowly turn to the left if ignored!). They'll fight with further reduced effectiveness and are noticeably more likely to be destroyed.
Heavily damaged is in danger of critical failures, and might still have shot-up wheels. Maybe the brakes don't work.
Pages: 1 [2]