Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weird human conglomerate  (Read 1256 times)

hwer412

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
weird human conglomerate
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:08:54 am »

for some reason i have a bunch of human civs collectively ruling various hamlets, a majority of them have not been at war with any other major faction including the co-ruling faction and there is no major die off of important figures or massive death toll in most of them. can someone please explain why this is happening?

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13822

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: weird human conglomerate
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:31:50 am »

These are files for Legend Viewer, so it's not possible to check it out natively. For the same reason it's not clear to me if this is a glitch in representation in LV, or in history in DF.

It seems some of the local governments have the same names, but they come from different civs. Originally they had a single site each, and possibly they still have. But for some reason, at some point they both count as owners of one of the sites. LV attributes the site inhabitants only to one of the civs, though (the one with government-in-exile, so to say, though apparently the government newer even really was present in the new town). Also the new owner lord lives at the his old, proper site (and his government has now two sites attributed), while the old owner still lives in his own town, but his government has zero head count now. I couldn't find any actual event which would cast some light onto this situation. Maybe this is a real bug, maybe this is a wrong interpretation of history by the LV.

hwer412

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:40:23 am »

thank you for helping me. here's the world save i hope you can see whats going a bit easier

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13825

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 05:54:52 am »

All seems good on the DF's side. It's just that some groups/entities from different civs have the same name, and this confuses Legend Viewer, which apparently expects all names of governments to be unique. For some reasons, human governments tend to have non-unique names, unlike others.