Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star Shards: Keeping the Light Alive (Godgame)  (Read 833 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star Shards: Keeping the Light Alive (Godgame)
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:40:11 pm »

A great beam of shining light flowed forth from another place, another time. It appeared through the first tear, bringing fourth the first Kings and queens of this land. Shining uniform dieties identical and perfect in every aspect. They glided forward, fulfilling the most sacred of duties: Sun Carrier. To be a Sun Carrier was the final duty of a minor god, for they would remain with that holy crystal and bring light and warmth to their own planet. From whence, they will grow their power and become major gods. The god's excitement grew as they approached their world. It was a dark behemoth, several times larger than the average world. It's fortuitous size was rivaled only by the great distance from the Center. So far into the outer realms, the glorious white light of the Center was but a distant reminder of their isolation, the swirling dim glow of the surrounding nebulas further enforced this idea. The gods took a moment to regain their poise. Carrying a sun large enough to light this titanic stone took not only strength, but focus and elegance. That is why all minor god's transform into Sun Carriers before growing their final form as a major god, perfectly sculpted for this task. They carried the sun closer and closer, only a dozen or so hours until they would take their thrones as the gods of this world.

A few hours later, something went horribly horribly wrong. A great dark shape, larger than any god you've personally seen, swam through aether. The Leviathans we're myths of legend, rumors from distant gods, ancient times, and lying demons, but you watched your sun be shattered into million peices. The light went out, everything went black, you're unsure as to whether or not you lost consciousness as the world could not possibly be any darker in the sudden blinding blackness. You clung tightly to a shattered shard of the crystalline sun and fell...

You awake perhaps much later, perhaps moments later, to a soft golden glow. Dazed, confused, and half blind, you stare at your hand. A single glowing sun shard creates a small radius of light in the dark world. You look around and see similar glowing lights nearby. Perhaps, there is hope yet.

-------

Welcome to Star Shards, a god game about keeping light (and hope) alive in a dark dark world.

You begin your journey as a Sun Carrier, a minor god on their final journey to their new world. There you would place the sun and cultivate a realm and world, while also growing your power and form into that of a major god. Yet now with no sun, no throne, and little light, you must scrounge your way through the dark and achieve divinity for yourself. Or die trying.

-----

This game is slightly different than my previous god games. First and foremost, this is a game about exploration and construction. Not just if your world, but of yourself. Each god begins as an identical blank slate which will be shaped by your actions and your world. Part of the story telling element here is your development and growth as a god and as a character.

The game will run on a power system. Several different things will produce and use power on a turn by turn basis. Worship, for example, can generate power per turn while Sun Shards consume power per turn. Some actions, like the creation of mortals will incur a one time power cost. Exact pricing will be addressed as the game begins and more will be discussed and discovered as the game goes on. Go ahead and  post your name and text color. Most of your character and appearance will be built over the course of the game.

That's it for now. To express interest, post your god's name and text color.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Shards: Keeping the Light Alive (Godgame)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:53:19 pm »

IxyMarrion, Gold
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Shards: Keeping the Light Alive (Godgame),
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »

X’arilyg, Purple

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 05:57:55 pm »

Illiane, Red
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 05:58:45 pm »

Orthos, Royalblue

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 06:01:35 pm »

No one, Cyan
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 06:23:43 pm »

D'jann: Pink
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 08:40:37 pm »

It That Reveals, Green
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 09:58:43 pm »

The Forgotten, Grey
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 10:32:05 pm »

Ta Korat, Coral

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 10:53:02 pm »

Moralalth, Navy
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 12:02:43 am »

Rhith, white
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 01:14:13 am »

The Blue One, Orange

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 04:18:42 pm »

Is this game still a thing?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 05:54:35 pm »

No. I seriously underestimated the intensity of my life.