Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My whole fortress is broken again  (Read 2635 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My whole fortress is broken again
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 04:23:17 am »

Training bolts are COMPLETELY bugged.
Is that from actual experience, based only on plays since training bolts were fixed a short time ago?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 06:34:28 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - 0.42.03
0004530: [Dwarf Mode -- Military] Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up (Toady One) - resolved.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 07:42:21 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - 0.42.03
0004530: [Dwarf Mode -- Military] Marksdwarves won't use training bolts unless combat bolts all used up (Toady One) - resolved.
Thank you. Was looking for that. Wasn't mentioned in the devlog apparently.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 11:34:17 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - 0.42.03
Thank you. Was looking for that. Wasn't mentioned in the devlog apparently.
It's listed as:
Made training marksdwarves want both combat and training ammunition and fetch stacks appropriately (thanks to ag for analyzing this one)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 10:59:50 pm »

Who needs bins when you have several 100x100 stockpiles?

Yeah but you need the bins if you want a dorf to move all ten thousand of those objects in one go, rather than your entire fortress grinding to a halt to move stuff to the depot.

Recently I had a similar problem: I had the good fortune of having nobles with preferences for things you always need more of: Bins, barrels, slabs...

And then I was wondering where the heck all my trade goods were, until I realized the bugger had banned *bins*. Which meant anything in my fortress that happened to be stored in a bin didn't show up on the trade menu until I pressed m. :I
Pages: 1 [2]