Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trying to Install Mephs ( Uploaded File )  (Read 3882 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trying to Install Mephs ( Uploaded File )
« on: April 18, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13690

I uploaded a copy of my game with the attempt to install mephs..  I really need somebodies help to get this installation to work. for me this is not working its just a pile of symbols and text. I made a file in the mod folder but its getting no traphic and i need to play this at some point today.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Install Mephs ( Uploaded File )
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:07:35 pm »

God i cant even get the bare bones version working, the same thing happened! All blocks and pictures/no text.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 10:51:40 pm »

Why not try a less complicated tileset first?
Work out how dwarf fortress reads tiles and graphics (Ditch the LNP and do it yourself. Then go for Meph's set).

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:53:30 pm »

Work out how dwarf fortress reads tiles and graphics (Ditch the LNP and do it yourself. Then go for Meph's set).

Oooor somebody could just tell me how to install mephs, which people seem to be avoiding for some reason. I wait  all day for a response or somebody to solve this for me and nobody responds for hours.

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:17:39 am »

I got it to work this way, download the Meph version preinstalled with Dwarf Fortress/dfhack/etc, copy it to your LNP folder and simply select the Meph folder on booting LNP, voila enjoy. 

(I then manual copy over the interface.txt file to retain my keybinds from my regular game and don't try to change tilesets away from Meph's tileset inside LNP, but it is ok to change fonts/colors/init settings/save settings/etc.)

Read your inquiry on the other thread: Edit.

To update it to 44.09, try this: just do the above and then copy the 44.09 DF over the Meph folder and the updated DFhack on top of that and then the TWBT dlls in the hack/plugin folder.  I believe that should work, you may need to copy over some init folder items to make it work... someone else can chime in here to help.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:23:46 am by Garfink »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 01:06:54 am »

Oooor somebody could just tell me how to install mephs, which people seem to be avoiding for some reason. I wait  all day for a response or somebody to solve this for me and nobody responds for hours.
I'd look at your save, but I'm not at home. We don't all work to your schedule. To clarify, you don't know how to install any kind of graphics or tilesets, right? "Mephs" isn't anything extra complicated (especially not the barebones version).

With that knowledge someone can probably take you through it step by step. Then you can see for yourself what you're doing wrong.

Wait another 6 hours and I'll probably have looked at your save if you still need a reply.

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 01:36:54 am »

I got it to work this way, download the Meph version preinstalled with Dwarf Fortress/dfhack/etc, copy it to your LNP folder and simply select the Meph folder on booting LNP, voila enjoy. 

(I then manual copy over the interface.txt file to retain my keybinds from my regular game and don't try to change tilesets away from Meph's tileset inside LNP, but it is ok to change fonts/colors/init settings/save settings/etc.)

Read your inquiry on the other thread: Edit.

To update it to 44.09, try this: just do the above and then copy the 44.09 DF over the Meph folder and the updated DFhack on top of that and then the TWBT dlls in the hack/plugin folder.  I believe that should work, you may need to copy over some init folder items to make it work... someone else can chime in here to help.

Do this! I tested it with your files and it works. If you need more detailed instructions, read my reply on the Meph Tileset thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.msg7740612#msg7740612

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 02:57:27 am »

And done! It was simple, jusst had to install DF hack with TWBT. I just was getting overwhelmed and unable to ask anyone how to install those things due to the slow nature of the forums... But god has these forusm really gotten slow since the old days. back in 2009 this place was just booming with activity.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:01:01 am »

I'd look at your save, but I'm not at home. We don't all work to your schedule. To clarify, you don't know how to install any kind of graphics or tilesets, right? "Mephs" isn't anything extra complicated (especially not the barebones version).

With that knowledge someone can probably take you through it step by step. Then you can see for yourself what you're doing wrong.

Wait another 6 hours and I'll probably have looked at your save if you still need a reply.

I am a old school DF player, when i used tilesets back in the day it was ironhand and a few others, things you needed to drag and drop and than tinker iwth the innit file, DF hack is a new beast to me as i ignored it until now.
Once somebody explained it to me it was very simple but i was unaware of how to actually install these new DF hackstyle tilesets and needed to be walked through the process.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:07:41 am »

I thought the barebones set was meant to be for vanilla?
Ah well, good to see you got the issue fixed. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 12:20:53 pm »

The barebones set is for linux/mac users that want to drag and drop it into their installations. It still requires TWBT and DFHACK.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 03:53:16 pm »

The barebones set is for linux/mac users that want to drag and drop it into their installations. It still requires TWBT and DFHACK.
Ah, OK, it just doesn't come with Dfhack and TWBT preinstalled. I see.