Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: development  (Read 538 times)

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
development
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:48:14 pm »

So I've been away for a couple years. In a couple months I'll be back to playing dwarf fortress. I was wondering what new indo we had on-

Sewers and baths

Currency (I'm aware of the problems they were facing concernong fps drops)

Magic

Ventilation

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: development
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:00:53 pm »

Most of what you've listed is more or less the same as when you last played, but development on the myth and magic system will start in a few months. Until then Toady's working on improving the stress system (which is coming up in the very next release), as well as various military and adventure mode improvements.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:17:10 pm »

What is a couple of years? 2015? Then not much related to your list. Devnotes haven't changed much since then.

Currency is still part of the Economy update, which is last in the lineup of the 'short-term' plans (next 20 years).

Magic, as mentioned is up next (starts development this Autumn, so release late 2020 I guess).

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 10:03:40 pm »

Yeah, july 2016.  Ive been playimg since 34. When 40 came out I was hyped. So when I saw 44.x I was excited and wondered what had happened so far. That all sucks though. I'd be ultramega hyped for ventilation and plumbing sewers.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:24:31 pm »

Yeah, july 2016.  Ive been playimg since 34. When 40 came out I was hyped. So when I saw 44.x I was excited and wondered what had happened so far. That all sucks though. I'd be ultramega hyped for ventilation and plumbing sewers.
I imagine that'd be part of the Fortress moving parts update (which will also introduce boats). Ventilation? Like, for miasma? That already exists.

Or do you mean death by smoke from workshops and things? Don't think the current system could stand smoke calculations. Would need to wait for a major rehaul of liquids, temperature and stuff for that probably.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 02:01:50 am »

Yeah sewers and ventilation would mean more flowing things. That would totally break the abysmal FPS. I hope we never get them :)