Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin snatcher  (Read 2957 times)

Ronnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin snatcher
« on: March 24, 2018, 04:14:34 pm »

I found something interesting. While wandering around some dark pits I found a goblin snatcher who I attacked. I have since made peace with the fellow (he was initially angry because I failed to identify myself to somebody, no clue who that might be). When I inquired about his profession he said he rescued lost children. Is this the way goblins see their kidnapping of children? (I am assuming a snatcher kidnaps children, I have no idea if it is for sure).

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Goblin snatcher
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 05:18:54 pm »

...the millenia old hatred between dwarfs and goblins, spanning over a theorical infinity of world, might very well be based on a misunderstanding oh my god.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 06:34:02 pm »

TBH given the...controversial parenting techniques frequently observed in dwarvenkind, it's hard to fault the goblins. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 06:58:35 pm »

Despite their bloodthirsty, selfish, unsympathetic and cruel nature, goblins are also recognized as a benevolent and merciful race in some aspects. Goblin Baby-Snatchers claim moral superiority by rescuing innocent lives from the slavery of making rock trumpets until they are eaten by a giant cave spider. Atrocities such as the so-called dwarven day care institution also spur snatchers to rescue the children from constant abuse. Goblin Sieges are considered to be a form of mass mercy killings, as a fort can die in the most horrific of ways, such as social disagreements, an infestation of parasitic organisms (some masquerading as dwarves) or worst of all: a visit from the circus.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:01:06 pm »

Oh my.

This is interesting.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 02:31:29 am »

The first time I ran into this, the snatcher was actually a dwarf (presumably who had been snatched himself).  I naturally assumed he was rescuing snatched babies from the goblins and bade him a cheery farewell.  The next day I ran into someone whose brother had been snatched by that dwarf.  I was totally taken in!  >:(

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 11:25:38 pm »

The first time I ran into this, the snatcher was actually a dwarf (presumably who had been snatched himself).  I naturally assumed he was rescuing snatched babies from the goblins and bade him a cheery farewell.  The next day I ran into someone whose brother had been snatched by that dwarf.  I was totally taken in!  >:(
Man this story really shows how deep DF actually is.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:23 am »

And it just gets deeper and deeper with each new release. It's almost terrifying to be honest.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 11:01:04 am »

And it just gets deeper and deeper with each new release. It's almost terrifying to be honest.

It is terrifying.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

ShaveDaWookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 11:45:00 pm »

Gobbo PR campaign, dont believe the lies.

Lenny Zicree

• Bay Watcher
  • I, accidentally ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 07:19:18 pm »

It is terrifying.

the conversations and motivations the rng brews from history, spheres and souls are truly awesome at times!  i set 'more' to 10k and tail the gamelog on another monitor just to enjoy the background conversations for that stuff.
don't cook what you can brew