Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A neat worldgen  (Read 1244 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
A neat worldgen
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:27:50 pm »

I genned a world and ended up with the following history:

The Humans appear to have been wiped out entirely.
Elves live in two remaining settlements anywhere, but do seem to be safely thriving there.
Goblins appear to have been decimated, having only one real fortress remaining to them.
Of Dwarves there is but one: a single tower containing an immortal necromancer dwarf.
It has been about 1250 years since the last major change to the status quo.

I'm going to found a dwarven settlement and see where it goes.

Scratch that, it looks like the last remaining human has been the monarch of the human civilization THE IMMORTAL EMPIRE since year one. He is a necromancer. There are no other members of the civ.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:32:10 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: A neat worldgen
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 04:43:16 pm »

See if you can find a way to get the human necromancer and the dwarf necromancer together and pit them against each other. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 04:57:55 pm »

I could put a fort in between the towers, actually. Maybe I could capture them both.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 07:53:12 pm »

do it
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 08:10:11 pm »

I had sort of already placed a fortress on what turned out to be the most ridiculously ideal place for a fort I've ever seen.

It contains the materials needed for steel, a volcano, a tall mountaintop with a summit flat enough for construction, gold, a river, an aquifer that can be used for various water-related projects (but only covers mart of the map), and significant tree cover.

My goal is to resurrect this Dwarf civ since no dwarves have been seen in the world for 1100 years, so the next one I place will be there. After all, dual necromancers are quite the threat to the dwarven resurgence.

EDIT: Oh, and sand + clay.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:28 am »

Truly the perfect world and the perfect embark!
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 12:16:26 am »

Any plans to share this world? I think it has the makings of a great community game honestly.

Up to you of course, I understand if you'd rather keep it to yourself.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 12:47:59 pm »

I don't mine. I'll upload the parameters later.

Looks like the human necromancer either stepped down or left the last human site around 1500, its 1502 now. Wonder where he went, he's not dead.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 07:16:04 pm »

Odd question:

I obviously have no other settlement for a caravan to come from, but I got one anyway.

Does it always name the caravan as "A caravan from [Your Civ]"? I never paid attention and assumed a caravan had to come from the mountainhome. This one is from "Angdishmab" or "The Red Rampart" which is my civ.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:02:16 pm by Dunamisdeos »

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 08:41:45 pm »

I think its always the name of the civ.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 06:29:20 pm »

i'm currently playing a world and my fort is on a continent not connected to the mother civ or any other dwarf fort and have received two caravans from the civ.
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 06:41:22 pm »

Caravan are a artificial now, always coming in the year no matter how,just didn't want to only put a PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 12:45:20 pm »

Huh, well you learn something new erry day.

Anyway my queen wants maces and crowns, which are relatively innocuous. I've begun building at the tippy top of the peak and created some fancy halls and such to walk past on one's way down to the fort. Gonna make some neat multi-story rooms and halls and such and train a noticeable elite military before founding more forts.

Does any trade happen in the background of the world? If so I suppose I'll want to stock up some trade goods/coinage.