Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack create-items command shuts the game instantly  (Read 1555 times)

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack create-items command shuts the game instantly
« on: March 29, 2018, 09:24:40 am »

So I'm trying to create logs of wood somewhere on the ground, and using "create-items log chestnut 20" command. Prior to doing so I have cursor positioned onto one of the grass floor tiles above ground. When I hit "Enter", the game and DFHack window is closed instantly, reverting to previous save as if I force-closed it.

I'm using the latest Masterwork DF pack available on this forum and DFHack comes as a part of it. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack create-items command shuts the game instantly
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 10:48:08 am »

"Latest Masterwork DF pack" isn't meaningful - you need to state the actual version number of Dwarf Fortress+DFHack.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »

Sure, sorry.

MWDF is v. 1.29
DFhack is v. 0.43.05-r1 (release) on x86_64
DF is v. 43.05 x64

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:41:23 pm »

You should probably upgrade your DFHack to version 0.43.05-r3.1 - though there's no guarantee that it will fix your particular problem, it's newer than what you're using (and is the final version that will ever support Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:36:14 pm »

Note that r3.1 will report itself as r3. But since your output (which I assume you copied from the console) says r1, you may as well upgrade.

You could also try the "createitem" command, which is different and supports more things, or "gui/create-item".

Also, "crash" is the most accurate and concise description of what you're seeing. Sometimes Windows doesn't display the obvious message telling you that DF crashed, but when a program does that, it's virtually always because it crashed, not because it closed itself intentionally without warning.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.