Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How can I increase the combat difficulty?  (Read 1460 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I increase the combat difficulty?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 04:25:29 am »

Goblin wealth triggers have been switched off for years. They have one trigger, that's population 80 in vanilla (can be adjusted to whatever you like of course, but only if you dare the adventure that is text file editing). Raiding will provoke them into attacking earlier though (they'll bypass any triggers you have set on).
Well, the siege pop triggers can be changed from 3 = 80 to 2 = 50 or 1 = 20 (plus 4 and 5 for higher triggers), which isn't exactly "whatever you like", in particular for dead civs where you might not reach a pop of 20 with the starting 7 plus the two guaranteed migrant waves.
Almost impossible not to hit the lowest wealth triggers eventually. Even with one hermit dude in a hut.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 06:25:21 am »

Goblin wealth triggers have been switched off for years. They have one trigger, that's population 80 in vanilla (can be adjusted to whatever you like of course, but only if you dare the adventure that is text file editing). Raiding will provoke them into attacking earlier though (they'll bypass any triggers you have set on).
Well, the siege pop triggers can be changed from 3 = 80 to 2 = 50 or 1 = 20 (plus 4 and 5 for higher triggers), which isn't exactly "whatever you like", in particular for dead civs where you might not reach a pop of 20 with the starting 7 plus the two guaranteed migrant waves.
Almost impossible not to hit the lowest wealth triggers eventually. Even with one hermit dude in a hut.
You won't hit the wealth trigger unless you activate it (which I do: I set all siege triggers to 1).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 08:09:39 am »

You won't hit the wealth trigger unless you activate it (which I do: I set all siege triggers to 1).
Yes. Wealth triggers are disabled in vanilla, as I said (for sieges anyhow - megabeasts have them).
Set them to the lowest setting and you'll get sieges pretty quickly, even with a few dwarves.

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 10:55:40 am »

Injured dwarves (from combat) who require medical attention are pretty hard to generate, I've found.

Most battle casualties are the dwarves who foolishly charge at the enemy when it makes no sense for them to do so and get mobbed to death where "stretcher bearers" cant' get to.  Most of my battles end with dead and unhurt dwarves, even when the equipment is downgraded, with rather few treatable injuries, unless I cheat and teleport wounded dwarves.

In my last fort, I really fancied the idea of a large hospital where I would be constantly treating dwarves. A fort where my militia had to be constantly replaced by drafted dwarves to protect the fort.

Alas my hospital is empty, and my militia take on twice as many humans and win without injury.
Pages: 1 [2]