Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to fix a corrupted world?  (Read 590 times)

Gamezdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Resurrected
    • View Profile
Is there a way to fix a corrupted world?
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:26:34 pm »

Currently waiting to get into Mantis bug reports, already sent a message to one of the mods.

So in the meantime...

Is there a way to fix a corrupted world, the current game loads fine until unpaused. *Crash*
I have tested other worlds, they are fine, so its definitely the current world. Anyway of uncorrupting it? (If possible)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Is there a way to fix a corrupted world?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:58:32 am »

Without knowing the exact reason it's crashing, the answer is pretty much guaranteed to be "no".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:59:57 pm »

If you don't mind, you can upload your save to DFFD and one of us will see if there's any obvious problems with it.  :D

Also, did you turn off save compression? I remember there's a bug on Mantis where a save can get corrupted (very rarely) if it's turned on. I experienced this personally once; I turned off save compression completely after that. Not gonna take another chance.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Flintfakeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:25:54 pm »

Be pure in heart! Your purity will be a beacon spreading throughout the world saving it from corrupt influence! Only when all mankind embraces this shall corruption be dispensed with! (kappa!)
In seriousness though what does the crash report say?