Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Land of darkness, A Civilization game  (Read 2374 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of darkness, A Civilization game
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 11:15:39 am »

i misspelled morale, it gives bonus for being high and negatives when below 0, if it goes to a ridicules negative number your people will rebel
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 11:44:48 am »

But why do we have different amounts of it to start?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 11:45:27 am »

RNG out of 100, is what me and abe decide for what starting Morale would be at
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 11:47:17 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 12:02:18 pm »

Ok, got it.

Now...
Under his [Saraket’s] leadership, the Clan has grown from a simple band of thieves to a true civilization, albeit a young one. The lands they hold are home to farmers, miners, traders and more.
Contrary to what you guys seem to have envisioned, I, and, from what I can tell, most of the other players, thought of our civs as already being established in some manner or another. They may not be stable, but based on what we wrote, I don’t really think that this...
lucky you and your people were able to find some food close by, however it will only last one season.
...is quite appropriate.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 12:17:00 pm »

okay, i get what your saying but that what happens when a god as powerful as Morte regis decides to start the apocalypse, tbh i could of been a bit more of idea of what the start was gonna be like, also your past is from before Morte regis destroyed almost all life, you will be fine for the first four seasons so you should use the time to build things before the 4th turn hits

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »

Ok.

Patrol parties are sent out to determine the state of our old holdings, and to repatriate them if possible/practical.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2018, 12:39:02 pm »

Zenvni would work slowly to getting their foothold here solidified, working to build ranches of some sort as to have less people working on gathering food for everyone and working on things that are more important.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 02:30:06 pm »

Garth rallies the 100 of his kin to divide into labor groups. 12, half of which are elemental, go to set up farms and hunting. Another 20 of even split individuals go and carve out the ground underneath them to find materials and possibly convert to homes. Another 52 spend time constructing homes, processing buildings, and defenses for the group. Lastly the remaining 10 spend time organizing a small militia and scouting parties to get a better sense of what is around them.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 05:30:01 pm »

Yeah, I definitely had the idea from the beginning post that this was a few generations after the apocalypse; sort of "Now is the time to rise Anew." All that talk about corruption and how it had affected the races probably did it.

But okay.

*pull up most of my fluff, spin into soft thread, dye with dreams and weave into a roadmap instead of a history*

Spoiler: narrative (click to show/hide)

(I'm going to assume that if we already have shelters, they are crude and ad hoc. Let's do it properly. Weaponcrafting is just a side story, for now...)
Major action: Clear the ground and start a new village. Think basic huts or even log cabins: wooden structure holding up thatched roofs (and thatched walls depending on timber supply). Priority goes to a food storage and serving hall, then family housing, then dedicated workshops and the like.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2018, 11:34:50 pm »

update will be out ether this sunday or next monday, anyone who has not responded will be put into a wait list
Pages: 1 2 [3]